AVP, Risk Analytics Officer
People Drive Our Success
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work ethic? Would you like to work for a company that is ranked Top 20 on Forbes’ Best Banks in America 2020 list? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank – we strive to provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived for nearly 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members’ drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the financial future of our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package and comprehensive training programs so you can focus on your long-term professional career and your next steps at Cathay Bank. Apply today!
What our team members are saying:
Learn more about us at cathaybank.com
- Plans and implements projects of a quantitative or statistical basis to further risk management capabilities and functionality; scope of projects spans data collection, assessment and, as appropriate, mitigation through final model development and implementation.
- Develops or applies mathematical or statistical theory and methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize data in support of analytically-derived conclusions related to risk management initiatives.
- Documents model development efforts to standards consistent with Bank policies and regulatory expectations; validates suitability of models relative to internally developed standards.
- Conducts analysis to provide management with strategic and business insights related to , desirable risk/return relationships and portfolio performance. Such analysis is conducted with guidance and supervision from more senior risk management officers, including the Chief Risk Officer (“CRO”).
- Partners with CRO to propose strategic choices and investment decisions.
- Assumes ownership of complex third-party statistical models related to risk management; advises senior management on matters related to such models.
- May engage in validation of internally developed models.
- Education: Master’s degree in Financial Engineering, Economics, Physics or related course of study, or a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or related quantitative field.
- Experience: Prefer some experience in: 1) working and researching with advanced analytical skills in the areas of statistics, economic/econometrics modeling or data mining applicable to banking or risk management; 2) manipulating and analyzing big data and structuring large and multiple database systems; 3) analytical and modeling; and 4) presenting analytical findings and methodology to both technical and non-technical audiences and making business recommendations via the use of Microsoft applications; and 5) demonstrated proficiency in MS Excel and statistical modeling software using scripting language applicable to Eviews and/or SAS, RATS or similar applications.
- Skills/Ability: Strong analytical and reasoning skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in statistical software required. Strong data mining and management skills. Good general knowledge of banking products.
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español. Poster- Spanish
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.Supplement- Spanish
- Pay Type Salary
- El Monte, CA, USA