Cafaro, headquartered at the Eastwood Mall, is looking for an accounting professional willing to learn real estate appraisals and valuations. This position involves timely processing real estate tax payments and assist outside appraisers and valuation experts to determine real estate valuations that will be used for estate planning purposes and real estate tax appeals. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work independently and be deadline oriented.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Review and process on a timely basis the real estate tax bills for all real property and insure timely payment
- Summarize real estate tax and related expenses to allow billing to tenants
- Assist in determining value of properties
- Monitor new construction and major improvements to existing structures in order to determine the impact on values
- Prepare summary reports of the values of properties for internal use
- Conduct regular reviews of properties to identify changes in property values due to construction, store closures, etc.
- Continuously evaluate condition of properties. This include site visits
- Maintain familiarity with aspects of local real estate markets
- Establish a working relationship with the appropriate taxing authority staff to encourage open discussions regarding the proposed valuations by the taxing authorities.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to analyze internal documents such as financial statements
- Ability to learn appraisal methods including field inspection, sales analysis, market trend studies, income and expense analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- Prior auditing or valuation experience preferred
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Saturday, May 1, 2021
- 5577 Youngstown Warren Rd, Niles, OH 44446, USA