Sr. Investment Accountant/Manager
We are currently seeking to hire a Senior level Investment Accountant to manage an Investment Office/Family Office. Performs specialized accounting and reporting functions and leads special projects. Coordinates monthly, quarterly and annual investment reporting. Conducts asset allocation research and assists with investment manager selection/termination.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs specialized investment accounting, financial reporting, and analysis.
- Responsible for designated investment and financial reporting programs and related schedules.
- Provides oversight for and coordinates various monthly, quarterly and annual investment accounting processes that impact financial statements. Assures data integrity.
- Provides oversight of the compilation and reconciliation of specific accounts and reviews accounting treatment.
- Develops contacts with external service providers, custodians, and investment manager. Responds to internal and external audit requests.
- Serves as a subject matter expert by answering questions for others and facilitates meeting topics.
- Coaches, mentors and trains staff.
- Recommends process improvements.
- Leads special projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong PC skills including MS Word, Oracle, Access and Excel and other department software. Experience with Advent a strong plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid project management skills.
- Ability to train and coach employees.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance required.
- 5+ years of related accounting experience required.
- MBA or CPA Preferred
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 5
- Job Start Date Monday, November 30, 2020
- 5577 Youngstown Warren Rd, Niles, OH 44446, USA