Maintenance Superintendent - South Hill Mall
The South Hill Mall is seeking to hire a full time Maintenance Superintendent. Competitive salary and benefit package is offered.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensures that quality housekeeping, maintenance and repair techniques and practices are provided for the property.
- Oversees the day to day operations of properties including all phases of maintenance of the common areas to include buildings, grounds and the direct supervision of outside contractors to ensure properties are properly maintained in accordance with company standards and maintenance agreements
- Identifies property maintenance requirements of the common area, solicits and reviews bids from contractors
- Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, supervising, and disciplining the maintenance staff
- Responsible for: roadways, parking field, curbs, sidewalks, doors, furniture, restrooms, landscaping, floors, lighting, HVAC, storm water management systems, roof systems
A minimum of one plus years of construction or building maintenance experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Knowledge of construction and maintenance activities
- Developed understanding of corporate standards for shopping centers with an ability to achieve those standards
- Demonstrated leadership and management ability
- Team building skills; organizational and staff development skills. Strong supervisory skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to interact with tenants, vendors and other employees.
- Ability to relay technical concerns with adequate detail, quickly and accurately
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Computer skills; spreadsheet and word processing software capabilities
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out complex instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Valid driver’s license
- Travel required between locations
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents operating standard business office equipment. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Ability to work at construction sites, ability to climb and maneuver on building roofs and uneven terrain.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel % 0
- Telecommute % 0
- Job Start Date Monday, September 14, 2020
- 3500 S Meridian, Puyallup, WA 98373, USA