Desktop Technician I
Umyuaq is currently searching for a Desktop Technician Level 1 to provide support, maintain, configure, and sustain the WAN, LAN, and WIFI environment at Madigan Army Medical Center (MAMC) located at Joint Base Lewis-McCord (JBLM) Washington (WA). Also, the Help desk Technician must support the resolution of desktop related incidents.
Our ideal candidate:
- 2+ years of desktop support and troubleshooting experience
- 2+ years of help desk ticketing systems experience
- Strong communication skills
- Interact with various 3rd party support groups to escalate/resolve Incidents and Problems.
- Display and promote a professional sense of urgency.
- Assist with customer inquiries.
- Diagnoses troubleshoot, and repairs customer and network troubles.
- Monitors route and executes restoration in the event of a service interruption and proactively respond to potential problem areas to ensure network integrity.
- Performs preventive/scheduled maintenance and inspections on equipment and the critical infrastructure
- IT support relating to desktop technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, operating systems for PC (Windows 7 and higher) and MAC (OS X), and peripherals
- Basic understanding of operating systems (Windows 7 or higher and MAC OS X), printing systems, network topology, Linux/Unix command
- Responsible for technical break/fix support for all IT systems currently deployed in production
- Interface and maintain effective communication with business users and other IT team members when analyzing, updating, and resolving tickets
- Author and maintain technical documentation on system support models, common issues and solutions, as well as self-service documentation for end-users to reference in the IT User Knowledge Base
- Must have reliable transportation and valid Driver's License
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to adhere to a schedule
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
Professional IT Certifications and Experience
- Information Assurance Technical Level II (IAT-II), CompTIA or A+, Network+, Security+, Microsoft MCP, Cisco CCENT
- Experience supporting VPN, Active Directory, LDAP servers, and more.
- Experience with Firewalls
- Active "Secret" Clearance
Candidates must be able to pass Local, State, and Federal Background Investigation.
Job Type: Full-Time
- Pay Type Salary
- Madigan Army Hospital, 9040 Jackson Ave, Joint Base Lewis-McChord , Washington, United States of America