Umyuaq Technology, LLC is an 8(a) Alaskan Native firm. Umyuaq Technology's main operating office is based in San Antonio, TX. We specialize in providing Information Technology and Professional Services to the federal and state governments.
Umyuaq is currently searching for a Master Diver to support Guardian Angel Rescue Squadrons (RQS). The location will be full-time permeant at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson, AZ.
The candidate shall research available and emerging technologies and work with the customer diving program manager to identify areas where technological advances in diving and maritime operations can benefit the customer. Specifically, the candidate should look for solutions to technology gaps, resource protection, and enhanced equipment training methodology to save training time, funding or enhance operators' survivability during water operations.
Technical: The candidate shall assist the customer by providing technical experience in operation and maintenance of assigned diving equipment, boats, and outboard motors and operate boats during unit dive operations at the customer's discretion. Also, candidate dive locker candidates shall support waterborne operations procedures designed to enhance customer operator personnel's combat readiness and collective skills.
- Schedule, direct, and monitor the 3M system while keeping abreast of changes/directives issued by the U.S. Navy.
- Administer all daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual or greater 3M maintenance requirements for assigned diving-related equipment.
- Conduct inventories of Special Tactics diving equipment, watercraft, and engines.
- Schedule calibration of all diving-related gauges and unique instruments.
- Contract hydrostatic testing of SCUBA and oxygen bottles to IAW Department of Transportation regulations.
- Maintain and repair assigned boats, outboard engines, and other related equipment in the most economical way possible based on available facilities and the extent of repairs required.
- Schedule and complete routine preventive maintenance and minor repairs as necessary.
- Maintain and update regulations, publications, and directives required by Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) and the Naval Safety Center on waterborne operations.
- Advise users concerning equipment capabilities and maintenance requirements.
- Work to resolve maintenance problems and advise users of problems outside the candidate's ability to overcome.
- Maintain the Naval Safety Center Dive/Jump Reporting System, provide quality assurance inspection of dive-related information, make entries into the system and provide GA RQS divers with copies of Personal Dive Logs.
- When requested and at the Rescue Squadrons' discretion, the contractor shall provide boat support during maritime training operations as a boat operator.
- Use and operation of Navy Dive Computer, training of oxygen handling and transfer procedures.
The candidate will possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- The candidate will be a DoD certified Master Diver.
- Military diving experience and credibility in the Navy dive community are essential to delivering the required service.
- Three (3) years of experience knowledge of U.S. Navy recompression chamber operation and have a thorough familiarity with recognition and treatment of diving emergencies as outlined in the U.S. Navy Diving Manual.
- Three (3) experience in and demonstrate familiarity in certification and maintenance of high-pressure air systems and U.S. Navy underwater breathing equipment and support systems.
- Three (3) years experience implementing and employing the U.S. Navy Dive/Jump Reporting System and the 3M system as it applies to diving for near, mid, and long-term equipment requirements.
- Three (3) experience in reading blueprints and schematic drawings, understand specifications and interpret illustrated parts breakdowns and other publications used in the field of specialization.
- Three (3) experience knowledge of U.S. Navy dive regulations, MAJCOM and USAF regulatory guidelines, and instructions to maximize the command capability.
- Scheduling and completing routine preventive maintenance and minor repairs as necessary -Experience and knowledge of preparing and presenting high-level briefings, Bullet Background Papers, and Technical Reports.
Candidates MUST have U.S. citizenship, ability to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance.
The candidate will be a DoD certified Master Diver.
Job Type: Full-time
- Pay Type Salary
- Davis Monthan AFB, Tucson, AZ 85707, USA