CADD\Survey Technician (Temporary)
STS Systems Support, LLC. is seeking a CADD Technician
Performs CADD related activities, detailed field surveys, and instructs crew members on proper survey techniques.
- Leads the activity of a field survey crew.
- Keeps detailed and accurate records of crew activities, survey notes, field data, line work files, and sketches of work performed and data secured.
- Determines exact location and measurements of control points, elevations, lines, and project data used for construction, map making, boundary delineation, or other purposes using survey grade equipment.
- Works with project coordinators and contractors in providing survey data for expediting construction projects.
- Measures completed construction work to determine "as-builts" for the construction project.
- Must have knowledge of the field survey methods and techniques used in land surveying and mapping.
- Provide CADD design files (DGN) and CADD databases that will contain and ensure data availability for planning and event support purposes. Data includes hazardous material storage locations and solid waste storage sites. In addition, all utility systems, topography, facilities, hydrography layers, impervious surfaces, soil layers, flora & fauna layers, flood control, and military training data will be available for supporting any and all mapping and site plans for environmental support.
- Lead the preparation of the CADD platform customization and enhancements to include future initiative, including database integration; coordinate with individual department leads at Fort Hood and CADD end-users; and ensure that all work is high quality and the appropriate QA/QC procedures are followed.
- Provide technical services to implement the overall departmental needs assessment, but also work on specific prioritized end-user requests.
- Create and prepare maps, drawings, tables, and graphics for reports and other data products; collect and process data for Fort Hood; and maintain and update Fort Hood's CADD related databases using CADD software compatible to Bentley's Suite of products and other associated software.
- Operate, update, revise, and maintain Fort Hood's CADD related databases using Bentley suite of products and other associated software that is compatible
- Determine methods and procedures for establishing survey workflows and SOPs.
- Associate’s degree minimum; Bachelor’s desired
- Five (5) years of CADD software comparable to Bentley’s Suite experience, survey and field work experience
- Experience with Trimble Business Center, Civil 3D and AutoCAD desired
- Excellent communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license
- Must have the ability to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Pay Type Salary
- Fort Hood, TX, USA