System Administration & Technical Support
San Antonio, TX, USA Req #2560
Friday, October 23, 2020
STS Systems Support, LLC. (SSS) is seeking System Administration & Technical Support for the 67th Cyberspace Wing
- Analyze and measure system/data integrity, ensuring adequate system security and maintaining adequate system reliability and availability necessary to resolve 90% of assigned trouble tickets within five (5) business days of receipt.
- Perform studies and assist in establishing plans of action for improving the efficiency of information technology (IT) applications.
- Evaluate existing systems and capabilities and initiate feasibility studies and cost benefit analysis to determine ways and means necessary to enhance mission performance.
- Evaluate the impact of emerging technology to the mission needs and practices, and consider the 67 CW financials and other resources while developing IT optimization plans to meet changing IT needs of the organization.
- Establish methods necessary to integrate new technology into existing architecture, identifying conflicting system interface problems and developing solutions.
- Assess policy needs and assist in developing procedures governing IT activities
- Assess policy and interpret DoD, AF, and other higher headquarters guidance and apply it through supporting the development of policies for the area of responsibility.
- Assist in conducting IT audits to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, necessary controls are in place, and systems operate as intended and provide all necessary capabilities, presenting findings to Government IT Specialist.
- Assist in the development of migration plans for implementation of new technology.
- Assess and identify training needs where gaps in competency exists in current technology.
- Assist in the development of training programs or locate and recommend source of training that ensure users apply the best techniques in effectively using IT.
- Provide technical assistance to system users and contractors.
- Assists Government IT specialists in participating in management discussions, meetings, committees or special projects:
- Present clear, concise and well-structured presentations and/or briefings.
- Determine if the facility environments can provide for system requirements and determine if the infrastructure is in place to support the system.
- Coordinate with other base agencies, mission partners and contractors to ensure installation compliance standards are met.
- Provide customer assistance, training and documentation support:
- Assist the Government IT Specialist in achieving and supporting quality improvements in all products and services and takes a proactive approach in providing customer assistance.
- Ensure ongoing consultation and instruction to functional area users on management information systems and database and file assessing techniques, search strategies, processing and file assessing techniques, processing and space utilization efficiencies, data base security procedures, back up and program recovery techniques.
- Identify detailed procedures for common troubleshooting challenges, maintain and modify various schemas and provide technical recommendations for continuity of operations with optimal reliability and availability.
- Store/maintain all cyber-related doctrine documents and specific Cyber Mission Forces systems documents for ease of use, reference, and permanent record storage. This includes maintaining a plans library in an appropriate electronic Government approved shared location.
- Update and maintain records in compliance with appropriate Government regulations.
- Provide operations support to include day-to day use of multi-user computer systems and optimizing system capacity/resources to meet current demands.
- 5 years of related experience
- Certifications in CompTIA Security+ CE, Network + CE or IAT Level II System Administrator
- Active TS/SCI
- Pay Type Salary
This posting is inactive.
- San Antonio, TX, USA