STS Systems Support, LLC. is seeking a Psychologist
Ph.D. or Psy.D. Degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an American Psychological Association accredited program
- At least 4 years’ experience working in the psychology field.
- Be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the psychology field, and have experience assessing, and treating a wide variety of adult complex psychiatric problems and this includes the use of psychological testing.
- Knowledge of military organization and culture and the unique stressors placed upon personnel in an operational military workplace.
- Technical writing and presentation skills, including the ability to conduct scientific literature reviews.
- Be professional, detail oriented, possess excellent communication skills, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, yet able to complete assigned tasks independently or with minimal guidance from team leads.
- Organizational skills; the ability to achieve set goals; initiative in performing assigned tasks; ability to follow-up complex projects with influence, and integrity; and ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel within and outside of the organization.
- Prior teaching or instructor experience, in order to facilitate course scheduling or modifications as needed.
- Skill in preparing project papers, staff reports and decision papers; and skill and ability in organizing and delivering briefings to senior leadership, managers, work groups, higher HQ, to encourage understanding and acceptance of findings and recommendations.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
Prior military experience, embedded experience, and/or previous experience working in a military research environment
- Providing psychological expertise and training for a multidisciplinary program and support for providers in the field.
- Provide assistance in producing the curriculum for training programs, as well as the instruction of the course material.
- Assist in the execution of prioritized scientific investigations and in implementing initiatives to mitigate psychological stressors and risks and to optimize Airman performance.
- Support program goals and objectives, the sequence and time of key program events and milestones, and methods of evaluating the worth of program accomplishments.
- Participate in scheduled team meetings, by providing updates on course scheduling, content and effectiveness.
- Establish, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and assist with the onboard of newly hired employees.
- Attend/support meetings related to expertise with government and civilian organizations, academia, and subject matter experts.
- Provide research support and gather data to assist in identifying psychological issues and their scope, and impact. This includes performing literature reviews and computer searches/retrievals to compile data for use in ascertaining the needs of assigned areas.
- Skilled in organizing and delivering briefings to senior leadership, managers, work groups, to encourage understanding and acceptance of findings and recommendations.
- Provide psychological consultation, education, and training to military commanders/senior leaders and other mental health professionals and medical staff.
- Provide training in areas such as EMR, case management, Air Force mental health clinic operations and specialty evaluations.
- Provide evidence-based clinical psychology services at the base hospital, in order to remain current in the field and to remain a licensed credentialed provider.
- Participate in initial and on-going training, military specific training/activities and others, as directed by the unit Commander or his/her designee to include: continuing education, site visits, workshops, lectures, and seminars to maintain required certifications and updated program requirements.
- May be required to travel outside of local area for events that include trainings, seminars, conferences, briefings, interventions, and Geographically Separated Units. Travel may include commercial or military aircraft or vehicle.
- Complete all mandatory initial and annual training requirements necessary as part of licensure or credentialing renewal.
- Pay Type Salary
- Wright-Patterson AFB, OH, USA