Seeking a Laboratory Technician to support the USAFSAM, Epidemiological Laboratory Service Branch (PHE) 711 Human Performance Wing (HPW).
The following tasks are performed by each administrative assistance support personnel:
- Process specimens using the appropriate equipment, instruments, or techniques to assure optimum patient specimen integrity and positive identification throughout the test process. They perform quality control procedures that assure all test performance, test methodologies, and equipment perform within the manufacturer's guidelines and performance specifications.
- Provide results within the Turn-around Time (TAT) as defined in each section. TAT is the time it takes to process, accession, test, and enter results into the Composite Health Care System Database for each sample. The standard is to provide 100% accurate and 100% reliable and confidential results, to the authorized facility ordering or using the results.
- Perform and document equipment preventive maintenance and function checks to assure proper test performance and result reporting of equipment to the Government within manufacturer's guidelines and performance specifications.
- Perform and document all tasks to meet established standards of the Public Health Reference laboratory.
- Test and analyze all specimens/samples by established scientific laboratory techniques to aid in diagnosing, treating, and preventing diseases or to support medical research.
- Perform diagnostic analysis of biological specimens for: Bacteriology, Parasitology, Immunodiagnostics, Virology and Molecular Diagnostics, including all aspects of analysis (receipt, specimen preparation, analysis, and reporting of results)
- All contract personnel laboratory technicians shall be capable of rotating to any of the sections in the lab as requirements change. These sections are Central Operations (COPS), Bacteriology, Parasitology, Virology, Molecular Diagnostics, and Immunodiagnostics.
- Associate degree or higher in a laboratory science, or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution
- Certified by the ASCP, AMT or other board of registry deemed comparable by OASD(HA) or their designee (CLMS) as an MLT or MT/MLS
- Must participate in the CAP or alternate proficiency-testing program
- Must be able to pass a government background investigation
- Pay Type Salary
- Wright-Patterson AFB, OH, USA