Medical Lab Technician
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH, USA Req #2394
Monday, August 24, 2020
STS Systems Support, LLC. (SSS) is seeking Medical Laboratory Technicians
- Assist biological and medical scientists in laboratories
- Set up, operate, and maintain laboratory instruments and equipment, perform calculations
- Perform high complexity testing; record results for high complexity laboratory testing.
- Analyze organic substances, such as blood, urine, stool, respiratory samples.
- Perform a variety of routine and complex procedures listed in Laboratory Operating Instructions.
- Process specimens using the appropriate equipment, instruments, or techniques to assure optimum patient specimen integrity and positive identification throughout the test process. They perform quality control procedures that assure all test performance, test methodologies, and equipment perform within the manufacturer's guidelines and performance specifications.
- Provide results within the Turn-around Time (TAT) as defined in each section. TAT is the time it takes to process, accession, test, and enter results into the Composite Health Care System Database for each sample. The standard is to provide 100% accurate and 100% reliable and confidential results, to the authorized facility ordering or using the results.
- Perform and document equipment preventive maintenance and function checks to assure proper test performance and result reporting of equipment within manufacturer's guidelines and performance specifications
- Test and analyze all specimens/samples by established scientific laboratory techniques to aid in diagnosing, treating, and preventing diseases or to support medical research.
- Perform diagnostic analysis of biological specimens in Bacteriology, Parasitology, Immunodiagnostics, Virology and Molecular Diagnostics, including all aspects of analysis (receipt, specimen preparation, analysis, and reporting of results).
- Be capable of rotating to any of the sections in the lab as requirements change. These sections are Central Operations (COPS), Bacteriology, Parasitology, Virology, Molecular Diagnostics, and Immunodiagnostics.
- Available to work shifts including Days, Evenings, and Weekends (Saturday and Sunday) not to exceed 40 hours per work week
- Participate in the CAP or alternate proficiency-testing program.
- Associate degree or higher in a laboratory science, or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution,
- Certified by the ASCP, AMT or other board of registry as an MLT, MT, or MLS.
- Pass a government criminal and financial background check/investigation
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of microbiology, virology, immunology, autoimmune testing experience
- Tasks may require long periods of working in a laboratory setting and/or at a computer.
- Must be able to lift shipping boxes/materials weighting approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Pay Type Salary
- Wright-Patterson AFB, OH, USA