Construction Project Coordinator
The Construction Project Coordinator will provide direct support to the Project Management Team including, support for bid and proposal efforts, initial job set up, preparation of pre-construction submittals (APP/AHA’s, QCP, EPP, etc.,), project scheduling and updates, invoicing and certified payrolls, setting up and maintaining project files and project close out.
Direct interface with Program and Project Managers, Superintendents, Subcontractors, other Project Coordinators and home office Operations Staff (Accounting, Contracts, IT, etc.,).
Support the PM with including but not limited to; project setup, subcontractor bid packages, purchase orders, invoicing, certified payrolls, scheduling, document preparation and submittal, project files and documentation, attend meetings, take and distribute meeting
notes, assist with project commissioning / closeout and provide other project support as requested.
Attend construction related training.
Assist PM on-site from time to time as needed.
Understanding of Construction Project operations
Read and understand construction plans and specifications.
Ability to enter, access and retrieve data from company databases.
Ability to interact well at multiple levels with both site and home office personnel.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow through with duties and assignments
- Good organizational, time management and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to perform job requirements with limited day to day management support
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Experience with QCS/RMS and Primavera P6 is a plus
- Experience with federal construction projects particularly DOD/USACE is a plus
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a construction project management support role.
Thorough understanding of construction terminology and practices
Occasional travel required.
- Occasional overtime work as needed to meet project deadlines
- Full understanding of job site safety
- Occasional work on job sites
- Good knowledge of construction budgeting and management practices
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or relevant experience that demonstrates overall knowledge.
- Must be team oriented and willing to assist other project coordinators as required
- Pay Type Hourly
- Oak Ridge, TN, USA