Ski Hill Operation Associates
Compensation: $12.00 per hour
Schedule: Ability work a varied schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Location: S944 Christmas Mountain Road Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
Christmas Mountain Village is part of Bluegreen Vacations Resorts and we’ve started hiring for our Winter 20-21 Season! All Ski Hill Operations Associates receive FREE ski lift and tubing access for the Winter season.
Join our Seasonal Ski Hill Operations team committed to creating lasting vacation experiences for our owners and yourself at Christmas Mountain Village.
Local Housing Options Available! Please Ask Your Recruiter.
The Seasonal Ski Hill Operations Associate is responsible for the seasonal Rental, Retail and Ski Operations. You will be ensuring that our owners and guests have a memorable experience, hand in hand with their safety. You will rotate between role working Ticket Sales and Equipment Rentals, Ski Equipment Mechanics, Risk & Safety Management, Trail Grooming, and Lift Operations.
- You greet customers upon arrival of the rental desk, sell tickets for ski, snowboarding and tubing rental equipment, and ensuring liability waiver documentation is properly completed.
- You will fit customers with rental equipment per established performance and safety standards, explain the proper use of the equipment and provide basic information of the Ski Hill.
- You will provide customer support for retail merchandise, up-sell, participate in inventory counts, stock product and operate a cash register.
- Assist in the proper cleaning and waxing, storage and maintenance of skis, snowboards and all rental equipment.
- Ensure consistent inventory of equipment and periodic testing of equipment.
- Assist guests with merchandise shopping and maintain overall cleanliness of the Rental and Pro Shop.
- Operate cash register, maintain accuracy of sales, and accurately handle both cash and credit charge transactions.
- Execute the safe, efficient and courteous loading and unloading of skiers and riders while working outdoors for long periods of time in all types of weather.
- Shovel and maintain safe levels of snow throughout the entire lift station area.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
- Must have flexibility to work weekends and holidays during the ski season.
- Must be able to swing chairs, shovel snow and maintain load and unload ramps on chair lifts.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Previous experience with Ski Lift Operations, Ski Equipment Mechanics, Snowmaking, Slope & Trail Grooming, Ski or Snowboard Instruction, Ski Ticket Sales and Winter Sports Equipment Rentals.
- Valid Driver’s license - Preferred
- Ability to drive 4x4, off road vehicles and road vehicles.
- Ability to learn to operate Slope Grooming Equipment and basic Ski Hill Operations
- Work outdoors for long periods of time in all types of weather.
- Safety conscious and able to make quick decisions.
Benefits for you:
- Free Ski Lift and Tubing Tickets for employees
- Free Group Ski lessons
- Daily Discounted Employee Menu
- Job Family Hospitality (Food Service & Lodging)
- Job Function Merit Only
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Wisconsin Dells, WI, USA