BCS- MACHINE OPERATOR
The Eagle, 1729 BRIARCREST DR, Bryan, Texas, United States of America Req #4448
Monday, December 14, 2020
Prepares, sets equipment and monitors machines for runs within the mailroom department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Activates compressor and programs insert control system for daily inserting run.
- Performs tests on 1472 inserter and adjusts feeding of inserts for optimum efficiency.
- Monitors inserter machine during operation and makes adjustments as necessary. Stops machine and unjams inserts as required; and operates feed head when necessary.
- Straightens, unties, and reassembles inserts ensuring a smooth paper flow.
- Sets-up stacker, tying machines and conveyor.
- Prepares equipment for next night's run.
- Trains and explains insert procedures to inserters and stacker operators.
- Retrieves inserts utilizing an electric jack or forklift and places them at designated work stations for insertion.
- Sets-up and monitors operation of ink jet printing.
- Accurately completes daily run reports at the end of each shift and submits as required.
- Effectively communicates problems with equipment or machines with mailroom machine mechanic.
- Cleans up excess newspaper bundles and inserts, removes debris and places it in proper receptacle.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and standards and follows applicable regulations and safety standards.
- Responsibilities include monitoring work of inserters and stackers; effectively provides instruction in the use of operating machinery and specific job tasks, coaches and trains new and existing employees, and provides assistance and/or guidance as appropriate.
- May provide performance input to management staff.
- Addresses complaints and resolves practical situations and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Responsible for, and is expected to handle routine tasks through to completion with minimum supervision.
- Responsible for coordinating own work with the work of others.
- Ensures machinery is prepared effectively to run in accordance to production schedules.
- Interprets and communicates procedures and enforcing safety regulations.
- Ensures the proper number of inserts and/or newspapers are received and placed accordingly.
- Ensures production schedules are met, accurately, safely, and through to completion without compromising quality.
- Consults with or refers unusual or complex situations to the immediate supervisor or management staff.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Delivery to commercial customers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Eagle, 1729 BRIARCREST DR, Bryan, Texas, United States of America