Multi-Media Advertising Outside Sales Manager
Tulsa World is seeking an experiences Multi-Media Advertising Outside Sales Manager to work as part of the Advertising management team managing ROP, Preprints, Digital & Classified sales. This position is responsible for driving revenue by leading and coaching Account Executives and creating and implementing advertising products and programs to grow revenue.
Essential Job Functions
- Help prepare and direct the outside sales division in meeting or exceeding monthly and annual advertising revenue budget.
- Train and coach direct reports on proper sales techniques and products.
- Help create and drive sales specials.
- Provide top quality service to all external and internal customers.
- Maintain a high level of communications with managers and staff in both the downtown and satellite offices.
- Manage projects within he Advertising Department.
- Maintain a professional and customer-based relationship with other department personnel.
- Stay informed about the industry trends and competitive developments in the market.
- Know our market, our products, and be well versed with our demographics and research.
- Provide focus relating to each and every sales project and fine-tune, as necessary for effectiveness.
- Make changes when deficiencies create bottlenecks or deliver unsatisfactory results
- Encourage and expect usage of our sales support systems such as Salesforce, AdMall and CP Ads.
- Review and participate in advertising proposals and negotiations.
- Assure that advertising standards and policies are adhered to.
- Keep procedural challenges in check regarding late ads, sales errors and write-offs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Necessary Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university or a combination of experience and education.
- Knowledge of public relations, marketing and corporate communications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to meet deadline with accurate work.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to use good situational judgment in dealing with employees, customers or other business contacts.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and understand written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to communicate verbally in a professional manner with co-workers, shareholders, visitors, and executive management.
- Knowledge of multimedia advertising
- Skill in reading and interpreting reports, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to analyze statistical trends, pricing and profitability.
- Experience in resolving employee problems and issues effectively.
- Driver’s License with satisfactory driving record.
- Pay Type Salary
- Tulsa, OK, USA