Reports to: Corporate Accounting Manager (position presently open). Interim supervisor is Director of General Accounting & Financial Reporting.
- Maintain the corporate general ledger including determination of proper coding and journal entries necessary to conform with Company policy and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Research to ensure conformity with Company policy and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and work closely with management to present and analyze any exceptions within discretion.
- Analyze monthly corporate financial statements and provide comparison inquiry and analysis to budget, last year and trends.
- Provide timely and accurate reconciliations of corporate balance sheet accounts and tracking of income statement accounts.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets for corporate.
- Review and approve vendor invoices and employee expense reports for corporate including verifying coding and conformity to Company policy and GAAP.
- Research miscellaneous cash deposits and determine proper accounting and application.
- Special projects as assigned.
Team player with a minimum of one year of Accounting experience, with experience or emphasis on Corporate Accounting preferred
Strong accounting acumen
Very organized and self-directed
Strong attention to detail
Excellent written and verbal communication
Advanced Excel skills
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Pay Type Salary
- Omaha World-Herald 1314 Douglas St, 1314 DOUGLAS ST STE 1500, Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America