Metro Home Delivery Manager
Direct, schedule, and coordinate the work of District Managers and Service Assistants in the accurate and timely distribution of newspapers to contracted carriers in the Omaha Metro delivery area 7 days a week. Ensure accecptable customer service standards are maintained with all home delivery subscribers within the region of responsibility. Ensure available resources are properly utilized to maximize revenue and expense obligations. Works closely with Audience Development Director and other key circulation department staffers to accomplish distribution requirements for assigned region.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage distribution process to provide consistent, timely and efficient delivery with results measured by reported service concerns per thousand deliveries.
- Oversight for district manager team including selection, training, scheduling, goals, and performance management.
- Coordinate training for Service Assistants, specific to their duties of redelivery, warehouse operations or route delivery.
- Manage distribution costs assigned to labor, transportation, and delivery within planned parameters.
- Verify consistent on time newspaper delivery on a daily basis to all carriers and subscribers.
- Schedule work of Service Assistants to insure all open routes and service errors are delivered on a timely basis.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned by the Audience Development Director.
- Safely lifts 5 to 45 pounds of bundled newspapers and inserts from vehicle to a porch or driveway.
- Walks distances of 1 to 2 miles delivering newspapers.
- Driving knowledge of the area.
- Works varied schedule as needed. or weekends.
- Training independent contractors and part-time employees.
- Safely drives to and from carrier’s houses and other locations.
- Handling complaints effectively in person and or on the phone.
- Interact positively with co-workers and the public.
- Learning and using the DSI system accurately.
- Record keeping and legible handwriting.
- Pay Type Salary
- Omaha World-Herald 1314 Douglas St, 1314 DOUGLAS ST STE 1500, Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America