President and Director of Local Sales
President and Director of Local Sales & Marketing
Lee Enterprises, a leading media company in the U.S., seeks a dynamic, growth-focused President and Director of Local Sales & Marketing for the Daily Nonpariel in Council Bluffs, IA along with 5 weekly papers in Nebraska and 4 weekly papers in Iowa. The primary focus of the position is to drive sales performance to exceed goals and represent the community by building strategic partnerships that improves position in the market place. The President and Director of Local Sales & Marketing makes an immediate difference by supporting every aspect of our complex business. The key responsibility areas are sales execution and leadership; market strategy and collaboration; achieving a culture of success; and community leadership and engagement. The ideal candidate will have a record of delivering results in both traditional and new media environments and deeply understand digital advertising and marketing.
· Provide leadership in the further development of revenue and profits in media, digital, and other alternative revenue streams
· Provide a good mix of direction and strategy to ensure new ideas are developed and presented to clients
· Have a deep understanding of the media industry and competition in order to lead and sell effectively in a competitive marketplace
· Seek only to hire results driven high performing sales professionals
· Establish a work environment to challenge and reward all employees to contribute their best efforts to attain company goals and objectives
· Meet projected revenue and expense goals
· Provide for the safety and security of employees and assets
· Enthusiastic involvement in community events and organizations
· Provide regular reports on items of importance and interest to corporate office
· Thorough knowledge of sales and management techniques. A keen understanding of digital in the marketplace with the capability of connecting audiences and businesses with our suite of digital products and marketing services
· 10+ years of senior sales experience required with 5+ years of management experience required
· College degree in marketing, advertising or equivalent combination of education and experience, Master’s Degree preferred
· Demonstrated track record in recruiting high-performing talent
· Experience working in industries undergoing substantial change and transformation
· Ability to work closely with people. A history of successful leadership, innovation and goal achievement
· A proven track record of high-performance and consistent results in a senior management role
Lee offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of local news, information and advertising, serving 77 markets in 26 states. Lee’s newspapers have daily circulation of 1.2 million and our websites reach more than 43 million digital unique visitors. Check us out at www.lee.net.
- Pay Type Salary
- The Daily Nonpareil, 300 West Broadway, Ste 108, Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States of America