Digital Sales Leader
The Free-Lance Star has an opening for a Digital Sales Leader.
Our sales team employees are paid a base salary, mileage offset and competitive commission earnings. Paid vacation, holidays and a comprehensive benefits package are standard benefits.
Qualified candidates must possess a valid Virginia driver’s license, maintain a good driving record, have
required motor vehicle insurance and meet the hiring requirements set forth by Lee/BHM Corp/Free Lance-Star.
The Free Lance-Star is the recipient of the 2019 Virginia Press Sweepstakes Award for Advertising Excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The primary responsibility of the Digital Sales Leader (DSL) is to lead digital sales development activities that accomplish the company’s financial objectives
The Digital Sales Leader works closely with advertising management and digital/media sales consultants to accomplish goals and objectives for both the Fredericksburg and Culpeper Operations. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree from four-year College
or University and two years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Coordinate local sales activities with Amplified Digital Agency team
· The DSL makes regular and frequent sales calls with Sales Consultants each week to identify opportunities and close business
· The DSL also makes solo calls on their own prospects and clients
· The DSL develop and executes sales strategies and programs designed to help sales consultants win the greatest share of market in a highly competitive marketplace Sales strategies include selling collaboratively with sales team members as well as direct sales by the DSL made on a solo basis without any collaboration with sales team members.
· The DSL is expected to build and maintain a “book of business” of their own as established within their local site commission plans and approved by the local Publisher
· The DSL also takes the lead to implement corporate generated digital initiatives successfully
· The DSL works with the Vision Targeting System and Amplified Digital Agency to identify and close digital and agency business
· The DSL regularly conducts educational seminars for internal staff and external customers designed to promote and sell our digital products and services
· The DSL builds effective partnerships with advertisers/clients; Lee Digital Agencies and Local management/Staff
· The DSL performs other duties and projects as assigned by the Advertising Director
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of digital advertising platform functionality and analytics reporting
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret specific online and advertising material, market data and related financial reports, legal documents, general business periodicals, applicable regulations, and technical procedures.
· Ability to write and read business correspondence, reports and technical procedures.
· Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to concerns or complaints from staff members, managers, other employees of the organization, customers, members of the business community, and the general public.
· Knowledge of general financial accounting, budget expenditures and forecasting required in determining rates and calculating advertising figures.
· Ability to apply principles of logical thinking in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions in standard situations.
· Effective planning, analytical and demonstrated time management skills required. Strong interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate and coordinate work with staff personnel and other departments.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license with no violation within the past 7 years.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Sales experience as well as technical experience including trends, external conditions and research preferred. Knowledge of the digital advertising industry is necessary. Continuous on-the-job training is required for this position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Fredericksburg, VA 22401, USA