At Beacon, we strive to make a difference in our residents’ lives. We build outstanding communities that make enduring contributions to the vitality of our cities and towns. We create communities that serve a diverse cross section of our society. Our communities are healthy and vibrant. Why? Because they are planned with care, consideration, and compassion.
JOIN OUR TEAM – BEACON’S NEWEST ACQUISITION!
Located in the heart of the Back Bay, 140 Clarendon Street (also known as the YWCA) is an iconic thirteen story brick building. Beacon’s acquisition of the building will preserve the cultural and education uses that are currently in the building, including the YWCAs offices, Lyric Stage Theatre, Viga, a tailor and the City of Boston’s Snowden International School. Upon acquisition, Beacon will begin rehabilitating the building to create 210 affordable apartments. Of the 210 apartments, 111 will provide invaluable housing for households currently experiencing homelessness. Case management services for these residents will be provided by the Pine Street Inn.
Beacon Communities LLC is a mission-driven company that develops, owns, and manages affordable and mixed income housing. Our next Maintenance Technician will be a self-starter with a passion for providing exceptional maintenance and customer service. They will care for our residents, our buildings, and our properties, making a difference in the lives of our residents and our teams.
Are you handy? Are you looking for a career? We’re hiring a Maintenance Technician for our residential community in Boston, MA.
• Completing work orders in a timely fashion for various maintenance tasks that don’t require a license including electrical, plumbing, appliances, flooring, carpentry, painting, and HVAC.
• Preparing vacant units to be move-in ready.
• Maintaining the physical condition and safety of the community through curb appeal and snow removal.
• Responding to emergencies at night and on weekends as part of a rotating on-call schedule.
• Assisting in maintaining a green community, minimizing energy and utilities.
What You Bring to the Team:
• Great customer service skills.
• A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• General property maintenance skills, including the safe use of hand and power tools.
• Experience with property snow removal.
• The ability to use computers, tablets, and web-based technology to manage work orders and workflow.
• The ability to lift up to 50 pounds, climb and work on ladders, work with arms raised over head, stand/walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend at waist and knees to lift boxes, appliances, furniture, and to shovel snow.
• The ability to handle emergency and pressure sensitive situations.
• A minimum 2 years of experience in property/hotel maintenance preferred
• Top Places to Work in MA, 3 years in a row.
• Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
• 401k with company matching, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Insurance
• 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 12 paid holidays
• Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class. Beacon Communities -- EOE
Beacon Communities - 2018, 2019, 2020 Boston Globe's Top Places to Work!!