Area Resident Services Manager
AREA RESIDENT SERVICES MANAGER- MANDELA HOMES, BOSTON, MA
The Area Resident Services Manager supervises and supports Resident Services Coordinators at several of our communities in the Boston area.
General Statement of Duties: The Area Resident Services Manager (ARSM) is responsible for the training, oversight and assessment of assigned Senior Resident Service Coordinator’s (Sr. RSC’s) and Resident Service Coordinators (RSC’s). The ARSM serves as a teacher and mentor to the RSC and Sr. RSC. The ARSM ensures that there are appropriate on-site programs and community support services for residents that will enhance resident quality of life and meet identified needs. The ARSM will support the Senior Resident Service Coordinator (Sr. RSC) in his/her growth, assigning individual projects and requesting assistance with mentoring of RSC’s on Beacon Policies and Procedures. The ARSM will also nurture the development of RSC’s to prepare them for advancement in fulfilling Sr. RSC role.
Any one position may not include all duties listed herein. Conversely, additional duties may be required that are specific to the individual site.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Assists AVP of Resident Services and Management with interview process for all RSC positions within assigned regions including completion of Predictive Index (PI) profile prior to all scheduled interviews.
- Orients and trains RSC’s in Department protocols, procedures and other Beacon policies- administering all required quizzes and completing New Hire Orientation in Greenlight.
- Completes review of RSC’s performance with Property Manager at 30/60/75-day intervals answering questions on the 30-Day Review, 60-Day Review, 75- Day Review in the New Hire Orientation section of Greenlight.
- Creates a Weekly Checklist with Property Manager that is customized to the specific responsibilities of the RSC at the site if multi-tasking appears to be an issue for RSC.
- Checks-in on bi-weekly basis with Property Managers of RSC new hires for first six months to ensure smooth transition to working with Management Team.
- Directs and guides RSC’s to ensure appropriate programs are offered to residents that help build community among residents and create linkages to resources in the community.
- Assists RSC’s to initiate and develop strategic collaborations with community agencies and associated private/government agencies that support the mission and values of Beacon Communities.
- Leads response actions to emergency crisis which may require multiple daily planning meetings with Beacon Leadership, CE Department Leadership Team and Resident Service Coordinators.
- Ensures that programming is consistent with meeting the requirements of all special programs such as Wellness, RAD (Rental Assistance Demonstration), New Lease, One Stop, and other housing programs that require specific service components to satisfy funders.
- Oversees completion of annual HUD SfS Report at all properties in assigned region.
- Reviews Service Log and Program reports in FamilyMetrics for all properties in assigned region on a bi-weekly basis.
- Addresses RSC performance issues with Property Manages to develop PIP (Performance Improvement Plan) with PIP Action Steps.
- Connects with Property Manager and RSC on a weekly basis during performance improvement period to monitor progress and assist in making determination about sufficient improvement and/or need to terminate RSC from position.
- Works with AVP to plan annual RSC Budget for assigned sites.
- Helps to determine coverage plan for RSC’s on extended leaves and/or at sites with vacant RSC positions.
- Provides direct support or assigns regional RSC/Sr. RSC as needed, to market sites or other Beacon sites that do not have RSC’s on site.
- Tracks and reviews weekly resident participation and impact of community programs using FamilyMetrics Program Portal and other outcome measurement tools.
- Provides Reasonable Accommodation (RA) oversight, conducts monthly review of RA logs and provides general RA support to RSC’s for assigned communities.
- Ensures that RSC’s are following Beacon Hoarding Protocol in addressing and tracking of hoarding issues.
- Participates in monthly call with VP and AVP of Community Engagement to report on assigned region.
- Reviews weekly RSC reports for assigned communities and addresses and assists in any problematic issues. Reports any issues of concern to AVP and VP of Community Engagement.
- Reviews Quarterly reports from RSC’s.
- Ensures an effective working relationship with RSC colleagues, corporate office staff and property management team.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
Supervision Received: The ARSM will report directly to the Vice President of Community Engagement, the Assistant Vice President of Community Engagement (AVP) and Regional Vice Presidents (RVP)’s.
Education and Experience: M.S.W., M.A. in Counseling, Human Services or B.S. in related field preferred. Minimum 5 year’s social work/human services experience or comparable work experience. Candidate must have a minimum of three (3) years of direct experience working as a Service Coordinator in a housing setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Adequate knowledge of mental health, addictions, family issues, multicultural issues and elderly service delivery system. Candidate must be able to effectively work with families, youth, elders and disabled individuals. Must be a self-starter able to work independently. Able to successfully lead and manage effectively to help RSC’s accomplish set goals. Candidate must have strong computer and communication skills. Working cooperatively with community-based agencies is also important to this position. Candidate must exhibit strong interpersonal skills and fluency in English. Bilingual in Spanish/English preferable.
Candidate must have strong supervisory skills. Knowledge of budget planning. Ability to compose comprehensive reports and meet reporting deadlines. Candidate must possess patience and a pleasant and professional demeanor and must be able to make sound decisions in a rational manner. Must be able to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time sensitivity of issue while respecting resident confidentiality.
Work Schedule: Full time. Flexible hours based on schedule of programs and events. Evening and weekend hours may be required.
Physical Capabilities: Ability to walk a ¼ mile without resting and ability to climb stairs.
Transportation: Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle to be able to travel to conferences, trainings and other properties as required.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Family Resident Services
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Boston, MA, USA