Assistant Resident Services Coordinator
ASSISTANT RESIDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR - The Pines, Brockton, MA
General Statement of Duties: Facilitates and implements full range of programming as it relates to resident services and the RAD program. Works closely with outside agencies and makes referrals for residents to enhance the quality of life and to meet their individual needs. Duties include resolving individual and family situations and addressing crisis situations in a timely manner. Assists residents to remain leasing compliant and provides education/resource-based programs. Addresses business critical functions impacting net operating income, eviction prevention and decreasing vacancy rates.
Supervision Received: Reports to the Resident Services Coordinator and receives programmatic supervision from the Vice President of Resident Services.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed. Additional duties may be required specific to the site.)
- Create, implement and facilitate all programs that are required for the RAD Program, including but not limited to work force readiness workshops, self-sufficiency workshops, health and wellness services, community building activities and any programs that address the needs of the community.
- Facilitate GED and prepare residents to take the GED test.
- Collaborate and network with local community agencies to assist with additional programming for the site. Manage and create a schedule of all programming.
- Supervise and assist all outside agencies when utilizing the community room and track participation of residents.
- Promotes and coordinates programming for self-sufficiency and individually assist residents with job searching, interviewing skills, money management, budgeting, resume writing, filling out employment application, medical, health insurance, etc.
- Promotes and communicates to residents regarding community programs through various means of communication, including but not limited to door-to-door canvassing, e-mail, flyers, community calendars and attendance during building functions.
- Works closely with Resident Services Coordinator to address and resolve lease compliance issues with residents such as late rent, housekeeping, security, illegal activity, and illegal occupants. Resolves conflict and complex issues between residents, family members and neighbors.
- Maintains contact and follow up with social service agencies that are providing case management and self-sufficiency programming to our residents.
- Tracks all resident issues, self-sufficiency enrollment and progress in Yardi.
- Provides crisis intervention and reports any major incident to RSC as needed.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Social Work, Human Services, Education or related field and/or 2-3 years’ equivalent work experience providing services in a Housing/Multi-Family housing environment, or a private, non-profit social service organization. Bi-lingual in Spanish, Haitian Creole, or Cape Verdean Creole highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Adequate familiarity with computers and technology Adequate knowledge of mental health, addictions, family issues, multicultural issues and elderly service delivery system. Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as with teams and resident committees. Able and willing to network and work cooperatively with community agencies. Ability to work patiently in an environment which can be challenging. Ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time sensitivity.
Work Schedule: Full time. Flexible hours based on schedule of programs and events. Evening and weekend hours may be required.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Assistant RSC Functional Job Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Self-Development, Organization.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
- Job Family Resident Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Brockton, MA, USA