Accounts Payable Specialist
Development Accounts Payable Specialist – Home Office
General Statement of Duties: Responsible for the daily and monthly standard accounts payable functions for the development group including managing the receipt of invoices, invoice processing, researching discrepancies, and responding to internal and external inquiries. Act as the main point of contact with respect to all development project payable functions.
Supervision Received: Works under the general direction of the Development Accountants.
Supervision Exercised: None
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Manage the receipt of a high volume of invoices and forward to our accounts payable automation software (AvidXchange)
- Oversee and manage invoice exception queues in AvidXchange
- Review invoices to ensure appropriate documentation
- Code invoices with a high level of accuracy
- Correspond and interact with development directors to ensure timely approval of invoices
- Batch invoices from AvidXchange to accounting software system (Yardi)
- Respond to internal and external inquiries on invoice and payment status; research and resolve invoice discrepancies and payment disputes
- Run payable reports in the accounting system as required
- Process void and manual checks as needed
- Ensure timeliness of all functions
- Maintain and respect confidential information
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with vendor contacts
- Ability to recognize inefficiencies and provide solutions to streamline processes and procedures
- Work on special projects and ad hoc reporting as needed
Education: Associates degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: One year of accounts payable experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Experience with processing payables and strong computer and business solutions software skills. Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with accountants, development personnel and vendors. Hard-working, self-motivated with an ability to work independently. Must have good analytical skills for problem solving. Must be detail oriented with proven organizational skills. Must possess a desire and willingness to learn. Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work under pressure due to work complexity and time sensitivity.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility
Beacon Accountant Job Competencies:
Job Knowledge, Quality, Problem Solving/Analysis, Interpersonal Skills, Personal Organization, Productivity
- Job Family Accounting
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Boston, MA, USA