Recertification Specialist/Administrative Assistant
New Hartford, NY, USA Req #527
Thursday, April 1, 2021
At Beacon, we strive to make a difference in our residents’ lives. We build outstanding communities that make enduring contributions to the vitality of our cities and towns. We create communities that serve a diverse cross section of our society. Our communities are healthy and vibrant. Why? Because they are planned with care, consideration, and compassion.
General Statement of Duties: Primary responsibility is providing administrative assistance, service and support to the Property Manager and staff. Represents the company professionally to the general public and members of the community.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.
- Provides office administrative assistance as follows:
- Greets and assists applicants, residents and guests.
- Prepares, types and files office correspondence including letters, reports, and spreadsheets.
- Enters service orders in Yardi.
- Answers telephones in a professional manner; directs calls and records messages.
- Orders office supplies and maintains inventory.
- Opens and closes office. Secures confidential files and maintains office equipment.
- Responsible for general filing and maintaining the files.
- Coordinates and maintains waiting list.
- Administers rent collection efforts with Property Manager including cash receipts, prepares late reminder notices, etc.
- Processes income certifications/re-certifications and updates in Yardi.
- Completes special projects assigned by manager.
- Completes administrative leasing duties: intake and processing of applications, preparing and distributing applicant correspondence, interviewing eligible applicants, preparing lease packages and supplemental documenting for new move in.
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies. Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff. Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
- Follows company policies, rules and regulations.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or G.E.D. required. Associates degree or equivalent experience (business management, operations, communications, and administrative support) preferred.
Qualifications and Skills: Strong computer proficiencies required. Intermediate proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Basic proficiency with Yardi desirable. Fluent in English. Strong oral and written communication skills. Highly organized and detail oriented. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities change daily. Deadline driven. Demonstrates strong initiative and high level of professionalism.
Physical Capabilities: Manual dexterity for competent use of office equipment. Ability to climb stairs and walk through the community.
Beacon Core Competencies Required: Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Functional Job Competencies required for Administrative Assistant Position:
Job Knowledge, Communication, Computer Skills, Personal Organization Skills, Interpersonal Skills.
Travel Requirements: May occasionally visit properties and attend offsite meetings/training seminars.
Beacon Communities - 2018, 2019, 2020 Boston Globe's Top Places to Work!!
- Job Family Compliance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- New Hartford, NY, USA