Roving Property Manager
ROVING PROPERTY MANAGER
General Statement of Duties: Works independently to provide coverage for all site management responsibilities during acquisition of new communities, Property Manager Vacations and/or transitions as well as handling front-line functions for properties in need during repositioning and operating fluctuations that require additional support. Accountable to the Senior Property Manager, Area Manager, and/or Regional Vice President of the support property. Incorporates a team-first mentality when supporting the Property Manager and other property level staff.
This position will serve as a utility role to augment staffing shortages that exist across several regions and serves as an additional layer of support for the property level teams. This role will require flexibility, a willingness to act in many different support capacities, and have a result driven mentality.
Supervision Received: Reports to the Senior Vice President of Property Management
Supervision Exercised: Supervises directs reports as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Position: Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.
- Fosters a positive, active, and collaborative relationship with residents, communities, and associated agencies.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules, and regulations.
- Attends bi-weekly meetings with Senior Vice President of Property Management to identify priority support priorities and to progress at support properties
- Develops, monitors and oversees all site management related programs, policies, plans, contracts and agreements for any support properties that incur a vacancy at the Property Manager role
- Assists in monitoring all rental programs and waiting lists and administers all renting and leasing procedures
- Assists, administers, and/or supervises rent collection, income recertification process, deposit procedures and reviews agency billings, contingent on the role being served at an identified support property
- Prepares necessary reports, including monthly management, weekly marketing, delinquency/ occupancy, excess rent, bad debt write-off, and expense reports.
- Assists and supports in the preparation of annual operating budgets where necessary
- Assists in preparing reserve for replacement withdrawal packages and monitors receipt and deposits and may handle full preparation, if necessary
- Interacts and negotiates contracts for services and supplies.
- Ensures agency regulation compliance and deadlines for documentation.
- Responds to requests for information from the Corporate Office personnel.
- Ensures affirmative action compliance and reporting.
- Administers ADA/section 504 reasonable accommodation policy.
- Supervises and coordinates all marketing, resident services, recreational activities and programs.
- Conducts site visits, inspects all vacant units and reviews resident files.
- Oversees all aspects of maintenance, including but not limited to turnovers, exterminating, landscape, and major capital replacements as well as all aspects of site and unit inspections.
- Monitors all aspects of site safety, accident and insurance reporting and emergency and media training.
- Follows through with evictions and apartment transfers.
- Monitors service orders, purchase procedures and inventory.
- Extensive knowledge and use of the Enterprise Income Verification System.
- Investigates and resolves income discrepancies reported in EIV
- Institutes and monitors special claims processes.
- Assists site staff during lease up activities.
- Reviews resident ledgers and adjusts as needed.
- Assists in standardizing policies and procedures across all offices they support
- Additional duties as assigned by the Senior Vice President of Property Management
Education: Associates Degree preferred in related field or equivalent knowledge or experience.
Experience: Five years' of related work experience. CPM, COS, C3P, and LIHTC certifications preferred but not required
Qualifications and Skills: Management oversight includes, but is not limited to, Section 8, RD, LIHTC, HOME and properties with layered funding sources. Must be familiar with housing management, budgeting and housing agency regulations. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Yardi. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, self-motivated, flexible, creative and detail oriented. The candidate must possess strong organizational and leadership skills and the demonstrated ability to work as a critical member of a team that is committed to building strong communities. In addition, the candidate must be committed to the development of assigned staff through training, constructive performance review and mentoring. Ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time sensitivity. Ability to be an active team member within the company. Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
Travel: Position will not have a designated office and will travel between and among properties, as assigned by the Senior VP of Property Management. Travel will consist of mostly local travel but some overnight stays may be required as priorities are identified. Applicant will be required to be on the road often and attend corporate office meetings when necessary.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Management Competencies required for all Management positions:
Decision-Making/Judgement, Communication, Budgets/Cost Control, Managing for Results, People Development.
Area Manager Functional Job Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Organizational Savvy, Managing Diversity, Leadership
- Job Family Corporate Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA