NDC Real Estate Management LLC/ Beacon Communities is excited to be recruiting for a talented Staff Accountant in our corporate office in Pittsburgh, PA. The Staff Accountant is responsible for daily accounting functions and financial reporting for operational projects.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a staff accountant with a strong general ledger and financial reporting focus to join a stable accounting team. Great environment, excellent onboarding and training, with a strong and stable leadership team.
The staff accountant will be responsible for maintaining the books and records for a portfolio of properties including preparing bank reconciliations, processing payments, handling month end closings and reconciliations, and reviewing and distributing financial reports.
- Maintains books and electronic records for a portfolio of properties, in accordance with company’s internal and external reporting requirements.
- Assist site personnel with their accounting related job performance responsibilities.
- Performs audits and analyses required by the Controller and Asst. Controller with minimum oversight
- Reconciles multiple bank accounts on an assigned portfolio of properties
- Prepares periodic reporting to government agencies, financial institutions and investors.
- Performs monthly close, including analysis of significant variances.
- Month-end reconciliations, accruals, and other journal entries.
- Provide meaningful financial analysis and reports for internal managers.
- Assist with annual audit preparation and ad hoc analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of accounting experience with an emphasis on GL.
- Property management / real estate industry experience desired.
- Knowledge of affordable, multi-family housing or construction accounting experience (preferred).
- Strong general ledger accounting and GAAP compliance knowledge.
- Fast-paced, multi-entity accounting experience.
- Strong computer knowledge including experience with Yardi accounting systems (preferred) and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience and ability to juggle many tasks with attention to detail, build rapport with all groups, and provide innovative problem solving.
Beacon is a privately owned real estate firm that develops, acquires, invests in, and manages a wide range of multi-family housing. Our portfolio includes affordable housing, market rate housing and mixed income-housing. Our developments range from new construction, to historic adaptive reuse, to the renovation of existing housing. We take on challenging developments and make them succeed. Our driving passion is to create well-designed, healthy homes that improve the quality of life of our residents and enhance the neighborhoods in which they are located.
Our team consists of more than 400 on-site professionals, expert in the language of our buildings, committed to our standards of excellence, and dedicated to the highest quality experience for all our residents.
Beacon is known for successfully managing challenging properties and finding new and creative ways to stand out in today’s demanding rental housing marketplace. Our property management practices set the industry standard for attention to detail, physical plant services, and overall community enhancement. We are committed to creating and nurturing strong resident partnerships in order to enable our communities to thrive.
Beacon Communities LLC considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- Job Family Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA