Leasing Consultant - Affordable Housing
AFFORDABLE HOUSING LEASING CONSULTANT
Beacon Communities is a multifamily development, investment and management company comprised of affordable and market rate rental and for-sale communities. Beacon Communities offers the latest in-home design and green living, with a focus on technology to provide the highest quality resident services. We are currently accepting resumes for an affordable housing leasing consultant position.
General Statement of Duties: Interacts directly with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy. Acts as the Company’s representative by conveying the benefits of the community. Responsible for the leasing process from introduction to the actual occupancy of the resident. Sells features and benefits of apartment living to prospective and current residents. Achieves and maintains property occupancy goals. Responsible for all phases of the affordable housing leasing process.
Supervision Received: Reports to Senior Property Manager.
Essential Job Accountabilities: (Any one position may not include all of the accountabilities listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Builds relationships with prospective and current residents and coordinates all phases of the HUD and Tax Credit Affordable Leasing process: intakes, interviews, processing, preparation and distribution of applications.
- Provides polished and professional tours of vacant apartments and community amenities.
- Achieves occupancy goals.
- Updates daily Leasing Log, maintains HUD and Tax Credit waitlist, prepares weekly leasing reports.
- Prepares Move-in lease packages for incoming residents.
- Conducts new resident orientation.
- Coordinates and prepares annual lease renewals and income re-certifications.
- Provides backup support to Occupancy Specialist.
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff to provide high quality customer service.
- Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
Education and Certifications: Associates degree or equivalent experience required. Two years of HUD Affordable Leasing and/or Tax Credit experience desirable. Tax Credit Specialist and/or Certified Occupancy Specialist certification(s) preferred.
Qualifications, Abilities and Skills:
Strong math skills and attention to detail required. Knowledge of HUD subsidy and Tax Credit regulations desired. Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel. Highly motivated and able to work independently. Excellent organizational, proofreading, interpersonal and multitasking skills desirable.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Leasing Consultant Job Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Work Quality, Self Development, Personal Organization, Productivity, Computer Skills, Customer Service, Product Knowledge, Strong Communications Skills.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family Leasing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Hyde Park, Boston, MA, USA