Risk Management Coordinator
Risk Management Coordinator
General Statement of Duties: Work independently and within a team on special, non-recurring and ongoing projects with Vice President of Risk Management.
Supervision Received: Reports to Vice President of Risk Management in Boston, MA corporate office
FLSA status: Nonexempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Assist with management of master property and liability insurance program including requests for documentation for existing portfolio of approximately 150 properties. Interact with property team members, brokers, lenders, etc.
- Maintain insurance policies, endorsements, schedules and invoices.
- Arrange insurance carriers’ inspections and coordinate responses to their recommendations.
- Maintain Certificates of Insurance for properties for all lenders, agencies, investors and leased equipment.
- Obtain and maintain Certificates of Insurance from commercial tenants and outside owners, if applicable.
- Review Certificates of Insurance from vendors, track and follow-up with the properties or brokers on deficiencies.
- Oversee schedule of company-owned vehicles including requests relating to purchases, leases, insurance ID cards, etc.
- Assist with annual insurance renewal process.
Position requires scanning, emailing, copying, saving, filing, processing of letters/ correspondence, planning meetings/trainings including sending Outlook invitations, and arranging/attending video-conferencing and conference rooms, Yardi report generation, document management and assisting with completion of specially assigned projects.
Typesand designs general correspondences, memos, reports, charts, tables, graphs,
spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, etc. using Microsoft Office.
Management company initiatives not limited to Outsourcing of Certificates of Insurance
Establish/Enhance loss control measures at the properties, i.e., obtain and review snow and
sanding logs etc.
Develop and implement risk management practices
Assist team members with other initiatives from owndepartment and other departments
Attend insurance-industry trainings/webinars
Education: Associates degree or equivalent experience (property management, business management, or insurance experience desirable)
Qualifications, Abilities and Skills: Commercial Property and Liability Insurance experience preferred yet not required. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities change daily and multi-task. Deadline driven. Strong organizational and project management skills required. Ability to work autonomously with very little supervision. Familiarity with real estate/property management/property and liability industry a plus. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Applications including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word. Basic proficiency with Yardi a plus. Fluent in English. Strong oral and written communication skills. Highly organized and detail oriented. Demonstrates strong initiative and high-level of professionalism. Ability to enforce and adhere to company policies, rules and regulations. Fosters positive, active and collaborative relationships at all levels throughout the organization and with associated agencies. Maintains extreme confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters.
Beacon Core Competencies: Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Functional Job Competencies: Communication, Quality, Interpersonal Skills, Personal
Organization, Productivity, Computer Skills.
Travel requirements: May occasionally visit properties and attend offsite meetings/ training
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Family Insurance
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Boston, MA, USA