Maintenance Technician/Leasing Consultant
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN/LEASING CONSULTANT
General Statement of Duties: Performs maintenance duties necessary to maintain the physical condition and appearance of the property that will enhance the value of the community utilizing company operating and safety standards. Ensures that service requests and minor repairs are made correctly in a timely manner. Interacts directly with and sells features and benefits of apartment living to prospective and current residents. Provides assistance with all phases of the leasing process from introduction to the actual occupancy, lease renewals, administrative assistance, service and support to the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor. Represents the company professionally to the general public and members of the community. Must live no more than 30 minutes from the property.
Supervision Received: Reports to Property Manager.
Supervision Exercised: No direct reports. No supervisory duties required.
FLSA status: Nonexempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Performs various maintenance functions including minor repairs that do not require a license in the following areas: electrical, plumbing, appliances, flooring, carpentry, painting, heating/air.
- Completes minor repairs and improvements timely in vacant units for market ready status.
- Performs general carpentry duties such as wallboard repair, countertop/cabinet replacement, finish carpentry, window/glass repair, door/lock repair, and ceramic tile repair. Assists with vinyl floor, cove and wall base installation.
- Maintains equipment to function properly and comply with all safety standards.
- Monitor and organize inventory.
- Responsible for snow removal during any and all hours determined by the weather and designated by Supervisors and Managers.
- Assists with trash removal and keeping the grounds and common areas free of trash and debris.
- Performs emergency on-call service for after-hours maintenance-related issues as required.
- Performs assigned preventive maintenance duties and tasks.
- Assisting in the safeguarding of company equipment, materials, common areas, mechanical rooms, and vacant apartments.
- Assists in minimizing energy and utility usage.
- Assists cleaning staff and perform cleaning duties as required.
- Completes special projects as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Assists at other Beacon properties as requested by Supervisors or Managers.
- Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
- Participates in and completes training seminars and on-line trainings as requested.
- Create and update/close work orders on both a computer and a tablet.
- Check emails regularly and respond as needed on a timely basis.
- Builds relationships with prospective and current residents and coordinates all phases of the leasing process: intakes, interviews, processing, preparation and distribution of applications.
- Provides polished and professional sales tours of the model apartment, vacant apartments and community amenities.
- Achieves tiered rent levels and occupancy goals.
- Coordinates and prepares annual lease renewals and income re-certifications.
- Updates daily turnover log, maintains waiting list, prepares weekly reports and market study.
- Prepares lease packages and supplemental documents for new move-ins.
- Conducts new resident orientation.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
Office Administrative Assistance
- Greets and assists applicants, residents and guests.
- Prepares and maintains office and rental expense budgets.
- Processes cash receipts.
- Processes accounts payable/vendor invoices and responds to inquiries.
- Prepares, types and files office correspondence including letters, reports, spreadsheets.
- Writes service orders and maintains service order log.
- Answers telephones in a professional manner; directs calls and records messages.
- Orders office supplies and maintains inventory.
- Opens and closes office. Secures confidential files and maintains office equipment.
- Follows company policies, rules and regulations.
- Administers rent collection efforts with Property Manager including cash receipts, 14-day notices, legal correspondence, etc.
- Processes income certifications/recertifications as directed.
- Completes special projects assigned by manager.
Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies. Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff. Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
Education, Training and Experience: Any combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including building or property maintenance work experience. Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician preferred. Two years property maintenance experience preferred.
Qualifications and Skills: Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of hand tools and small power tools. Must be computer proficient, including Microsoft Office and Excel and Yardi software desirable. Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and written. Must possess neat and orderly work habits. Highly motivated and able to work independently. Excellent organizational, detail orientated, and interpersonal skills required. Maintains a valid driver's license. Possesses adequate knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and heating standard practices. Basic knowledge of general carpentry. Ability to handle resident or building emergency and pressure sensitive situations due to complexity and time sensitivity when resolving problems. Fluent in English. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities change daily. Deadline driven. Demonstrates strong initiative and high level of professionalism.
Physical Capabilities: Must live within 30 minutes of the property. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb and work on ladders, work with arms raised over head, stand/walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend at waist and knees to lift boxes, appliances, furniture, shovel snow, etc.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Maintenance Technician Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Work Environment Safety, Planning, Interpersonal Skills, Communication.
Leasing Consultant/Administrative Competencies required:
Customer Service, Product Knowledge, Job Knowledge, Sales Skills, Communication, Internet Savvy, Computer Skills, Personal Organizational Skills, Interpersonal Skills.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family Maintenance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Greenfield, MA 01301, USA