General Statement of Duties: Work independently and within a team on special, non-recurring and ongoing projects with Risk Management Coordinators and Vice President of Risk Management.
Supervision Received: Reports to Vice President of Risk Management in Boston, MA corporate office
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Boston, MA (temporarily remote)
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Management of master property and liability insurance program consisting of approximately 150 residential apartment communities.
- Assist with annual insurance renewal process including completing Insurance Applications, allocation of insurance premiums, establishing insurance budgets and other financial analyses
- Responding to questions on insurance coverages and requests for documentation from property team members, acquisitions and development, lenders, agencies, etc.
- Maintain Statement of Values for the portfolios.
- Review and maintain insurance policies, endorsements and schedules.
- Review, approve and maintain insurance invoices.
- Assist VP of Risk Management with insurance related to acquisitions, re-financings and development transactions.
- Establish/Enhance loss control measures at the properties, i.e., reviewing and monitoring Contracts; snow and sanding logs etc.
- Oversee Certificates of Insurance and Agreements for Services for development during due diligence
- Oversee Certificates of Insurance from commercial tenants and outside owners
- Conduct insurance related trainings as requested.
Management company initiatives not limited to Outsourcing of Certificates of Insurance
Develop and implement risk management practices
Attend insurance-related meetings, insurance-industry trainings/webinars
Assist team members with other initiatives from own department and other departments
Position requires scanning, emailing, copying, saving, filing, processing of letters/ correspondence, planning meetings/trainings including sending Outlook invitations, and arranging video-conferencing and conference rooms, Yardi report generation, document management and assisting with completion of specially assigned projects.
Types and designs general correspondences, memos, reports, charts, tables, graphs, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, etc. using Microsoft Office.
Education: Associates degree or equivalent experience (property management, business management, or insurance experience desirable)
Qualifications, Abilities and Skills: Commercial Property and Liability Insurance experience preferred. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities change daily and multi-task. Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented as accuracy is vital. Project management skills required and deadline driven. Ability to work autonomously with very little supervision. Familiarity with real estate/property management/property and liability industry a plus. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Applications including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word. Basic proficiency with Yardi a plus. Fluent in English. Basic math skills required for budget preparations. Strong oral and written communication skills. Highly organized and detail oriented. Demonstrates strong initiative and high-level of professionalism. Ability to enforce and adhere to company policies, rules and regulations. Fosters positive, active and collaborative relationships at all levels throughout the organization and with associated agencies. Maintains extreme confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters.
Beacon Core Competencies:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Functional Job Competencies:
Communication, Quality, Interpersonal Skills, Personal Organization, Productivity, Computer Skills.
Travel requirements: May occasionally visit properties and attend offsite meetings/ training seminars.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Family Insurance
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Boston, MA, USA