Real Estate Data Associate
Beacon Communities is a privately owned real estate firm that develops, acquires, invests in, and manages a wide range of multi-family housing. We are currently accepting resumes for the position of Real Estate Data Associate to assist with the ongoing implementation and monitoring of a real estate management database called Beacon Information Central (BIC).
Job Summary: The Associate will assist the BIC team and other various departments with system monitoring, new screen implementation and custom reports. With over 150+ properties, Beacon utilizes the BIC database to centralize both financial and static property information, organize and track data, store key documents and create and run various reports to analyze data at the portfolio and property specific levels. This position requires a person who is detail-oriented and thorough and enjoys working with data aggregation and analysis, as well as creating efficient processes. The potential candidate should be capable of multi-tasking, able to set and communicate priorities, meet deadlines, and interact comfortably and professionally with co-workers at all levels of the organization. This position also offers the opportunity to be creative in report development and design and to create efficiencies in data maintenance, monitoring and centralization.
Supervision Received: Director of Special Projects - Corporate
Supervision Exercised: None
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Home Office
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
• Understand the centralized database and assist with new screen implementations.
• Miscellaneous tasks related to report building. Analyze reports used by various departments to identify shared data needs and assist in ideas for report improvement and development.
• Collaborate with data team and BIC team to design process improvements.
• Investigate and resolve data quality issues across the platform and escalate as needed.
• Draft report specifications and conduct report testing and analyses. Identify and resolve data quality issues during testing. Develop efficient means to cross check and automate report validation.
• Perform regular and routine monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the database. Monitor quality control. Follow up on information needed to resolve any questions/data needed for system.
• Assist with database administration such as user rights and roles.
• Gather, validate and document data for input. Assist with data entry.
• Interpret data and analyze results.
• Maintain issue log tracking.
• Task delegation to various departments and follow up to meet deadlines.
• Document maintenance, organization and updates.
• Draft and maintain training and procedure manuals, conduct user training.
• Respond to report requests from various departments.
Qualifications, Abilities and Skills:
Candidates should ideally possess two years of relevant experience and knowledge in some or all of the following areas.
• Experience preferred in real estate, finance, and general knowledge of database systems and logic, preferably within the affordable housing or real estate industry.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, troubleshoot and disseminate significant amounts of data with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Documentation, process writing skills.
• Inclination to be proactive in resolving and preventing problems and improving existing processes and configurations.
• Possess a ‘can do’ attitude and intellectual curiosity to learn.
• Strong motivation and ability to work independent as well as collaboratively.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel (including Pivot Table, IF statements, V-lookups etc.).
• Ability to communicate technologies and capabilities to various levels of stakeholders.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are essential.
Travel requirements: This position will be based in the home office in Boston, MA.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility
Beacon Asset Manager Job Competencies:
Job Knowledge, Quality, Problem Solving/Analysis, Interpersonal Skills, Personal Organization, Productivity
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Family Development
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Boston, MA, USA