Assistant Vice President, Marketing
Assistant Vice President, Marketing
General Statement of Duties: The Assistant Vice President, Marketing (AVP) is a key member of the Beacon marketing department who will collaborate with the Vice President, Marketing and other members of the Beacon leadership team on strategic planning, coordination, development and execution of marketing programs, special projects, identification and rollouts of new technology. The AVP will help lead and develop a team of talented individuals focused on marketing through a wide variety of channels including social media, email, reputation management, traditional print, and emerging digital/mobile platforms.
This person will drive the monthly and quarterly workflow of corporate and property marketing deliverables. In addition, the AVP will work closely with members of the marketing team to create impactful print and digital marketing collateral and campaigns in support of company initiatives.
In conjunction with the VP of Marketing the AVP will work with Beacon Residential Management SVP’s & RVP’s to assure all communities in the portfolio are achieving occupancy, maximizing rent revenue, and meeting or exceeding other key budget targets. The AVP will work with the company’s senior leadership team to develop and maintain Beacon’s internal and external corporate communication strategies.
Supervision Received: Reports to Vice President, Marketing
Supervision Exercised: Customer Experience Manager, Marketing Coordinator
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Assist in the development, execution and management of marketing and advertising strategies and deliverables in digital and traditional channels, with management of online and mobile digital marketing, including website and social media, to support corporate business strategy, positive rent growth, business development goals and brand identity.
Enhance Beacon’s digital marketing channels with customer centric focus on user experience-driven digital design, content and search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO) strategy, email and social strategy.
- Establish & maintain systems and processes for auditing all marketing related assets.
- Social Media
- Community Collaterals
- Ensure ongoing evolution of the digital marketing websites that leverages industry best practices and user experience analytics. Collaborate with the design team, IT, and other stakeholders on usability testing and design feedback develop and/or enhance websites.
- Collaborate with VP, team members and internal and outside resources on digital marketing and advertising strategies and identify new opportunities for using marketing technology.
- Design and implement a comprehensive marketing reporting system in collaboration with the marketing team, IT, and other internal stakeholders and outside resources.
- Oversee the planning and execution of new technology rollouts (i.e.: Online Leasing, Call Centers, Revenue Management).
- Assist with the creation of new marketing manual (W/VP and other team members).
- Assist with the development of marketing related budget toolkits/tracking tools.
- Collaborate with Human Resources/Learning & Development team(s) to develop and maintain high quality content for our recruitment and retention efforts.
- Collaborate with senior leadership on an ongoing basis to develop and evolve Beacon’s corporate communication strategy.
- Work with VP and key stakeholders to create or revise policies related to leasing and marketing within the Beacon Portfolio.
- Provide support as needed to hold meetings with property teams regarding marketing to overcome occupancy or other challenges.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent knowledge of marketing in multi-family housing.
10+ years’ experience in a multi-family marketing department.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Preferred)
- Google Analytics
- Experience with Revenue Management Software & Strategy (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of SEO/SEM strategies
- General knowledge of affordable housing language and programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively at a variety of levels within the organization
- Ability to multi-task and operate in an environment with changing priorities
- Strong project management skills coupled with hands on mindset.
- Creative with a strong understanding of process and demonstrated attention to detail and productivity.
This position requires occasional travel.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility
Beacon Assistant Vice President of Marketing Job Competencies:
Leadership/Strategic Thinking/Project Management/Financial Management/Client Customer Focus/Organizational Skills/Job Knowledge/ Quality/Problem Solving/Analysis/Interpersonal Skills, Productivity/Presentation Skills/Teamwork Orientation
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class. EOE.
- Job Family Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Boston, MA, USA