Supervision Received: Works under the general direction of the Controllers.
Supervision Exercised: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Responsible for opening and closing accounts and handling Know Your Customer (KYC) inquiries from banking institutions.
- Administration of all online banking systems including user setup and deactivation.
- Maintain an accurate master list of accounts, update account signers and services, and safeguard confidential information.
- Process daily account activities including running and transmitting bank issue files. Monitor, research and make decisions regarding Positive Pay exception items.
- Monitor settlement account daily, research and correct any returned payments and reconcile account on a monthly basis.
- Notify accountants of bank overdrafts in a timely fashion.
- Calculate and prepare upload transfer file for monthly bank fees and interest.
- Develop, streamline and maintain banking procedures for treasury function.
- Train colleagues on online banking system and procedures. Communicate banking updates to staff.
- Support unclaimed property compliance using a 3rd party database to ensure timely state specific diligence and escheatment. Reconcile unclaimed property database with accounting records for each legal entity.
- Manage and administer PEX and credit card programs.
- Maintain the company data in the DUNS (Data Universal Numbering System) and SAM (System for Award Management) databases.
- Complies with applicable government regulations. Complies with company policies, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain financial security by adhering to internal controls.
- May get involved in corporate investment planning and line of credit activities depending on level of experience.
- Develop, foster and maintain a positive and professional relationship with our banking partners.
- Assist with security deposit accounting.
- Works on special projects as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university with a concentration in accounting, finance, or economics preferred. Certified Treasury Professional certification a plus.
Experience: Three to five years related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Experience with computer systems which include web-based applications and Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with cash/bank management systems. Must be detail oriented with proven organizational and analytical skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and with internal and external customers. Demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner. Must be able to consistently and effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment. Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty. Expected to work with minimal upfront guidance and take ownership of his/her work product. Will be required to work some nights, holidays, and/or weekends during peak periods of business.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility
Beacon Treasury Job Competencies:
Job Knowledge, Quality, Problem Solving/Analysis, Interpersonal Skills, Personal Organization, Productivity
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Boston, MA, USA