Customer Service Representative - Temporary, Full Time
Borrego Health is determined to play a major role in vaccinating our communities with the COVID 19 or Coronavirus vaccine.
Come join our team!
Borrego Health is hiring Temp Customer Service Representative in an effort to assist with the call to action for vaccination in our community. Be a part of our COVID Vaccine Support Team!
We are looking for motivated, reliable individuals, willing to travel, working not only in clinics but outdoor vaccination events in an effort to provide vaccination to our underserved communities. Let's make a difference together!
Borrego Healthprovides high quality, comprehensive, compassionate primary health care to the people in our communities, regardless of their ability to pay. We serve these communities and adjoining regions with respect, dignity and cultural sensitivity as a medical home and safety net for essential health care and social services. Borrego Health is a non-profit 501(c)(3) Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Federal Tort Claims Act Deemed (FTCA) facility.
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Position requires excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, must be courteous and helpful; and possess the ability to meet and speak with the public as the “first contact” of the clinic while aligning his/her duties with Borrego Health Mission and Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Acknowledges and assists everyone who walks in the door while maintaining eye contact, a smile and providing a professional greeting
2. Communicates with customers to resolve problems and concerns in a courteous, professional and timely manner
3. Provides all customers with consistent quality service in accordance with Borrego Health Core Values and Standards of Customer Service
4. Be proactive in communicating with customers regarding problems or delays
5. Keeps Manager informed of office equipment upkeep/maintenance
6. Maintains accurate demographic & guarantor information at every patient visit
7. Ensures that the appropriate insurance is selected for services rendered for the date of visit
8. Identifies and refers patients who require program assistance to Care Coordinator Specialist (CCS)
9. Collects all payments due on patient account (co pays, sliding fee deposits, payment for cash paying patients, and outstanding balances)
10. Answers all incoming calls within 3 rings & makes patient calls in a courteous and professional manner-please refer to BCHF telephone scripts
11. Performs check in duties (Please refer to Check in Process)
12. Performs Operator duties when assigned (Please refer to Operator Process)
13. Performs Registration Duties when assigned (Please refer to Registration Process)
14. Understands the organizations commitment to provide high quality patient care. Promotes a Patient centered environment
15. Performs other duties, as assigned
1. Graduate or approved high school diploma or GED equivalent
2. Previous experience is preferred
3. Valid Driver License and reliable transportation is required.
4. All staff that is presently working within a clinic is required to have a Current and Valid CPR and First Aide certification on file with the Human Resources Department. This is for clinical and administrative staff. This new license requirement is mandatory for continued employment, CPR and First Aide certification must be obtained though the American Heart Association. Internet certificates do not comply and for this reason are not valid.
This position does require travel to different clinics and vaccine events in the community. Transportation to clinics or vaccine events are not provided. Applicants must have their own reliable transportation. Mileage and travel time are paid.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Riverside, CA, USA