Registered Nurse Temporary
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Borrego Health is determined to play a major role in vaccinating our communities with the COVID 19 or Coronavirus vaccine.
Come join our team!
Borrego Health is hiring Temp Registered Nurses in an effort to assist with the call to action for vaccination in our community. Be a part of our COVID Vaccine Support Team!
We are looking for motivated, reliable individuals, willing to travel, working not only in clinics but outdoor vaccination events in an effort to provide vaccination to our underserved communities. Let's make a difference together!
Under administrative direction is responsible for planning, organizing financial management, and directing licensed and non-licensed nursing and designated support staff for a community health clinic. Interprets and supports the mission of BCHF.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establishes, interprets, and disseminates department policies and protocols to ensure uniform delivery of services and promotes quality assurance.
2. Establishes and or interprets standards of care for medical program nursing practice.
3. Works with Clinical Coordinator to develop procedures in accordance with established standards and policies to the fulfillment of clinic goals.
4. Assesses staffing utilization and needs, makes recommendations as necessary to provide adequate coverage for the provision of services to improve quality.
5. Participates in the budgeting process.
6. Participates in the recruitment and selection of clinic personnel.
7. Develops and implements a program of staff development (orientation, in service training and continuing education) for nursing and related personnel.
8. Does inventory of clinical supplies and places orders.
9. Coordinates schedule of all nursing staff.
10. Works in clinical area when needed.
11. Supervises Autoclaving Procedure and quality logs.
12. Supervises Lab procedures and quality logs.
13. Case Manages Patients
14. Coordinate patient flow.
15. Responsible for continuing education, have current license and CPR card.
16. Responsible for knowing RN scope of practice.
17. Ability to delegate responsibilities and promote team work.
18. Other duties as assigned.
1. Monitors quality of care through direct observation, supervises that appropriate logs are kept.
a. Medication inventory (monthly)
b. Sample medication (monthly)
c. Oxygen tank pressure (daily)
d. Refrigerator temperature (twice daily)
e. Immunization inventory (weekly)
f. Glucommeter (daily)
g. Exam rooms check list (twice daily)
h. Lab inventory and quality logs (daily)
i. Referral log (weekly)
j. Crash cart log (on every use and monthly)
2. Ensures that supplies are not expired.
3. Supplies suture room and ER with materials.
4. Takes care of calibration of equipment every 6 months.
5. Provides quality care to the patients of Borrego Community Health Foundation, within the scope of practice outlined by state or federal law.
6. Delivers care in accordance with established standard of care and accepted community standards.
7. Understands the organizations commitment to provide high quality patient care. Promotes a Patient centered environment.
8. [Outline how this position contributes to PCMH]
1. [List/describe Supervisory Functions.]
2. Supervises designated staff including (list job titles/departments supervised).
3. Responsible for collection and approval of time cards and benefit requests for staff under his/her supervision. Facilitates processing of payroll by submitting time cards and benefit requests to the Accounting Department in the time frame prescribed by BCHF Policy and the needs of the Department.
4. Provides staff training as necessary and ensures compliance with new employee and annual training requirements.
5. Evaluates staff performance either directly or in collaboration with co-management.
6. Conducts employee corrective action, provides guidance and conducts annual evaluations.
7. Responsible for ensuring staff compliance with all BCHF policies and procedures, and all applicable laws and regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA.
1. Five years experience in nursing management and program development. Special Conditions of Employment:
1. Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
2. California driver’s license.
3. All staff that is presently working within a clinic is required to have a Current and Valid CPR and First Aide certification on file with the Human Resources Department. This is for clinical and administrative staff. This new license requirement is mandatory for continued employment, CPR and First Aide certification must be obtained though the American Heart Association. Internet certificates do not comply and for this reason are not valid.
This position does require travel to different clinics and vaccine events in the community. Transportation to clinics or vaccine events are not provided. Applicants must have their own reliable transportation. Mileage and travel time are paid.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Riverside, CA, USA