Medical Provider - Medical Provider, OBGYN - Part Time (24 hours per week)
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Under the direction of the CMO, delivers full scope out-patient and in-patient obstetrical and gynecological care and supervises mid-levels and clinical support staff. Practices medicine; provides prenatal, intra-partum and post-partum and gynecological medical care; diagnoses and treats disorders of the female reproductive system; initiates referrals to specialists as medically indicate; share oversight of the inpatient OB management and care provided by NPs and CNMs; shares in Labor & Delivery coverage and OB/GYN call rotation; counsels and instructs patients; instructs and educates trainees and/or staff; assists in public relations efforts. Delivers appropriate care for an out-patient, primary care community health center with a multicultural, multilingual patient population and within the scope of his/her specialty and training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides in-service staff training in selected topics as deemed necessary by the CMO.
2. Prepares and reviews medical histories and obtains data through interviews.
3. Maintains detailed, legible and confidential medical records after each patient visit in accordance with established protocols.
4. Codes encounter forms according to time of the visit, procedures performed and pertinent ICD-9 codes.
5. Assists in internal quality control audits.
6. Participates in peer review.
7. Provides supervision in case assignment to mid-level providers, including sign off on charts.
8. Supervises medical assistants and lab personnel in area of specific support services for patient care delivery.
9. Attends internal and external meetings, workshops, and conferences and participates on task forces or committees, as necessary and/or required by the Borrego Community Health Foundation.
10. Performs all duties and services in full compliance with Borrego Community Health Foundation standards of care as well as all policies and procedures.
11. Follows Borrego Health Standards of Customer Service Behavior.
12. Participates in Quality Improvement (QI) Initiatives.
13. Complies with Borrego Health’s Attendance & Punctuality Policy.
14. Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the CMO.
1. Provides quality care to the patients of Borrego Health, within the scope of practice outlined by state or federal law and understands the organizations commitment to provide high quality patient care.
2. Must be capable of meeting 80% or more of the established productivity standards.
3. Participates in after hour calls as scheduled.
4. Provide consultation, care, and treatment for women before, during, and after their pregnancies
5. Deliver babies by employing the necessary methods to protect the health of the mother and child
6. Provide comprehensive OB/Gyn care, including possible minor outpatient surgical procedures and inpatient procedures as required, full scope contraception, and basic OB sonography.
7. Examines patients, formulates differential diagnostic plans, defines and orders required diagnostic testing.
8. Interprets examination findings and test results, and implements treatment plans.
9. Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
10. Follows established guidelines when referring patients out for needed specialty or diagnostic care.
11. Instructs patients in their proper care and treatment alternatives, and instructs/supervises medical support staff as needed.
12. Borrego Health providers are not to leave the clinic site with patients left unseen or untreated unless other treatment/care plans have been established.
13. Meets Borrego Health Clinical Performance Measures (UDS and HEDIS measures).
14. Contributes to BCHF's Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) program, a model of primary care delivery designed to strengthen the patient‐clinician relationship, focus on the person and patient self-management and engagement, by providing comprehensive and coordinated care in a culturally and linguistically sensitive manner.
1. Demonstrated ability to practice medicine and surgery by evidence of graduation from a class A accredited School of Medicine with the degree of M.D. or D.O.
2. Demonstrated ability to practice medicine and surgery in the State of California by evidence of a current valid license.
3. Demonstrated ability to prescribe controlled substances by evidence of a current valid Federal Controlled Substances Registration Certificate.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of gynecologic, preventive care: Pap smears, BSE, contraception, STD prevention and treatment, and ability to perform pelvic examinations and participate in the management of family planning.
5. Demonstrated ability to perform minor office, outpatient, and impatient procedures.
6. Demonstrated ability to practice OB/GYN emergency medicine; to perform minor surgery and wound care; to record in a neat, orderly, and logical manner, history, examination, treatment plan, and other information relative to patient care; and to supervise and provide consultation to Nurse Practitioners, Nurses and other health care providers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Escondido, CA, USA