Medical Provider - Women's Health Advanced Practitioner (NP, PA, Certified Nurse Midwife) - Western Riverside FLOAT
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Provides healthcare services typically performed by a physician, under the supervision of a physician. Within the scope of the supervising physician, provides general medical care, completes physicals, assessments, evaluation, treatment and some minor surgery for patients. Instructs and educates trainees and/or staff; assists in public relations efforts. Delivers care appropriate for an out-patient, primary care community health center with a multicultural, multilingual patient population.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides in-service staff training in selected topics as deemed necessary by the Supervising Physician or CMO.
2. Maintains and updates patient charts, records, and information.
3. Codes encounter forms according to time of the visit, procedures performed and pertinent ICD-9 codes.
4. Assists in internal quality control audits.
5. Participates in peer review.
6. Supervises medical assistants and lab personnel in area of specific support services for patient care delivery.
7. Attends internal and external meetings, workshops, and conferences and participates on task forces or committees, as necessary and/or required by the Borrego Health.
8. Performs all duties and services in full compliance with Borrego Health standards of care as well as all policies and procedures.
9. Follows Borrego Health Standards of Customer Service Behavior.
10. Participates in Quality Improvement (QI) Initiatives.
11. Complies with Borrego Health’s Attendance & Punctuality Policy.
12. Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Supervising Physician or CMO.
1. Provides quality care to the patients of Borrego Health, within the scope of practice outlined by state or federal law and understands the organizations commitment to provide high quality patient care.
2. Must be capable of meeting 80% or more of the established productivity standards.
3. Participates in after hour call as scheduled.
4. Maintains a program of comprehensive health for the family unit, to include preventive medicine, behavioral sciences, and community health.
5. Performs physical examinations and/or preventive health measures to assess and evaluate patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
6. Refers patient to other available services/specialist to meet needs where appropriate.
7. Examines patients, formulates differential diagnostic plans, defines and orders required diagnostic testing.
8. Interprets examination findings and test results, and implements treatment plans.
9. Instructs patients in their proper care and treatment alternatives, and instructs/supervises medical support staff as needed.
10. Borrego Health providers are not to leave the clinic site with patients left unseen or untreated unless other treatment/care plans have been established.
11. Meets Borrego Health Clinical Performance Measures (UDS and HEDIS measures).
12. Follows established Guidelines when referring patients out for needed specialty or diagnostic care.
13. Contributes to BCHF's Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) program, a model of primary care delivery designed to strengthen the patient‐clinician relationship, focus on the person and patient self-management and engagement, by providing comprehensive and coordinated care in a culturally and linguistically sensitive manner.
1. Demonstrated ability to practice medicine and surgery in the State of California by evidence of a current valid license.
2. Demonstrated ability to prescribe controlled substances by evidence of a current valid Federal Controlled Substances Registration Certificate.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of gynecologic, preventive care: Pap smears, BSE, contraception, STD prevention and treatment, and ability to perform pelvic examinations and participate in the management of family planning.
4. Demonstrated ability to practice emergency medicine; to perform minor surgery and wound care; to record in a neat, orderly, and logical manner, history, examination, treatment plan, and other information relative to patient care; and to supervise Nurses and other health care providers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Riverside, CA, USA