Comprehensive Perinatal Health Worker - Full Time
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Location: Centro Medico Escondido
The Comprehensive Perinatal Health Worker/Case Coordinator (CPHW) provides orientation and education to Borrego Health prenatal patients as part of the Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP). The CPHW will maintain in contact with the patient from the start of their prenatal care through the postpartum period. The CPHW will conduct CPSP health education, nutrition and psychosocial assessments, case-coordination, and basic health education. The CPHW is part of the interdisciplinary care team that includes the health care provider, nurse, medical assistant, and women’s health referral coordinator (WHRC).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide orientation to prenatal patients as outlined in the CPSP Provider Manual, Steps to Take (STT) Binder and Protocols.
2. Utilize motivational interviewing to conduct prenatal and medical histories and CPSP health education, psychosocial, and nutrition assessments (initial/trimester/postpartum).
3. Develop individualized care plans, and provide support and basic health education based on assessments. Modify the care plan as the patient’s condition changes, and develop interventions as needed.
4. Provide referrals to WIC, dental, counseling services, family planning, and/or other community resources based on patient needs.
5. Provide basic health education using CPSP STT handouts and approved material on topics such as nutrition, exercise, infant care, breast feeding, family planning, etc.
6. Do pre-visit planning by reviewing patients’ EHR to ensure all material is available for the visit to ensure a smooth patient flow through the clinic.
7. Document all services provided accurately and in a timely manner.
8. Monitor patients’ attendance to all prenatal appointments and call patients to reschedule missed appointments.
9. Coordinate care with the provider, medical assistant, WHRC, WH Coordinator, RN/LVN and/or other relevant staff to ensure labs and referrals are completed, and records are sent to the expected hospital of delivery in a timely manner.
10. Collaborate with other departments (Behavioral Health, Pediatrics, Dental and Primary Care) to connect patient to other services as part of their prenatal care.
11. Work with other staff to ensure discharge and delivery records for patients and new-born are obtained to close pregnancy cases in i2i tracks and Antepartum Record.
12. Utilize i2i tracks’ perinatal tracking to collect and document all UDS prenatal data and keep data up to date throughout the pregnancy and postpartum.
13. Submit weekly productivity report to Clinic Manager/WH Coordinator and Women’s Health Manager.
14. Run i2i reports weekly to complete program and UDS compliance reports in a timely manner to report status to Clinic Manager/WH Coordinator and Women’s Health Manager.
15. Meet visit and/or point visit productivity goal.
16. Comply with all Prenatal Care Policies and Procedures.
17. Submit pay for performance and/or HEIDIs claims on a timely manner.
18. Work toward meeting program performance goals for orientations, assessments, reassessments, and health education/ nutrition visits.
19. Maintain all health education materials and resources. Order materials as needed.
20. May be asked to assist in the development of health education materials.
21. Help plan and implement outreach programs with the goal of reaching large numbers of prenatal patients.
22. Other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of the Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP). CPSP STT Attendance Certificate preferred.
2. One year providing CPSP services or conducting patient education.
3. One year working in maternal and child health.
4. Bilingual (English and Spanish/Arabic)
5. High School Diploma or GED required.
6. Medical Assistant Certificate preferred.
7. Two years working in a community health setting preferred.
8. All staff that is presently working within a clinic is required to have a Current and Valid CPR and First Aide certification on file with the Human Resources Department. This is for clinical and administrative staff. This new license requirement is mandatory for continued employment, CPR and First Aide certification must be obtained through the American Heart Association. Internet certificates do not comply and for this reason are not valid.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Escondido, CA, USA
- Rancho Bernardo, San Diego, CA, USA
- Vista, CA, USA