Customer Service Representative Full Time
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Location: Centro Medico El Cajon
Position requires excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Must be courteous and helpful; possess the ability to meet and speak with the public as the “first contact” of the clinic while aligning their duties with Borrego Health Mission and Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Acknowledges and assists everyone who walks in the door while maintaining eye contact, a smile and providing a professional greeting
2. Communicates with customers to resolve problems and concerns while informing customers of delays in a courteous, professional, and timely manner using appropriate pronouns
3. Provides all customers with consistent quality service in accordance with Borrego Health’s Core Values and Standards of Customer Service
4. Keeps Manager informed of office equipment upkeep/maintenance
5. Maintains accurate demographic, insurance, and guarantor information at every patient visit
6. Identifies and refers patients who require program assistance to Care Coordinator Specialist (CCS)
7. Collects all payments due on patient accounts and assures journals are closed and balanced daily
8. Answers all incoming calls and engages with patients by always upholding Borrego Health Quality Standards
9. Performs Registration, Check-in Duties, and Operator duties (Refer to workflows in Practice Management Sharesite)
10. Responds to all forms of communication (Email, Tasks, Etc.) according to communication policy
11. Collects all registration documents required prior to patient leaving the office (Consent to Treat, Insurance Card, ID, Registration Form)
12. Understands the organizations commitment to provide high quality patient care
13. Promotes a Patient centered environment
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Achieves Borrego Health’s vision, goals and objectives for department that are in alignment with organizational strategic plan.
2. Communicates vision, goals and objectives within own departments and with other departments, including regular department updates regarding current activities.
3. Maintains awareness of job responsibilities, challenges, barriers and needs within reporting line.
4. Contributes to department progress and maintains accountability, recommending, and participating in department and/or personnel evaluation and improvement efforts as necessary.
5. Effectively collaborates with other departments to work toward shared goals and common vision
6. Maintains awareness of how department fits into the bigger organizational picture
7. Maintains knowledge of regulatory and oversight requirements and ensures compliance
1. Maintains awareness of organizational hierarchy, systems, and processes, and participates in process improvement initiatives, as necessary.
2. Representative of Borrego Health internally and externally
3. Presents and pursues opportunities for further organizational development and growth
4. Acknowledges role in productivity and quality improvement
5. Ensures adherence of department policies and procedures, and adheres to appropriate organization-wide implementation processes
1. Actively supports, promotes, and works to fulfill the Mission, Vision and core values of Borrego Health.
2. Embodies Borrego Health’s core values- Accountability, Compassion, Integrity, Respect, Commitment, Loyalty and Excellence.
3. Provides excellent internal and external customer service.
4. Demonstrates Borrego Health’s Standards of Customer Service Behavior: Compassion, Attitude, Communication, Appearance, Sense of Ownership, and Teamwork.
5. Participates in on-going customer service trainings.
6. In every action, seeks to promote Borrego Health as a top service organization.
7. Contributes to the success of the organization by participating in quality improvement activities.
8. Complies with all Borrego Health policies and procedures and proactively participates in the implementation of new initiatives
1. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures related to safe work practices.
2. Uses all appropriate equipment and/or tools to ensure workplace safety.
3. Immediately reports unsafe working conditions.
1. Maintains privacy and security of all patient, employee, and volunteer information and access to such information. Such information is accessed on a need to know basis for business purposes only.
2. Complies with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations. Reports unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful behavior or activity.
3. Upholds strict ethical standards
1. Diploma from an approved High School or GED equivalent
2. All staff that is presently working within a clinic is required to have a Current and Valid CPR and First Aide certification on file with the Human Resources Department. This is for clinical and administrative staff. This new license requirement is mandatory for continued employment, CPR and First Aide certification must be obtained through the American Heart Association. Internet certificates do not comply and for this reason are not valid.
3. Minimum one-year Customer Service experience is preferred
4. Minimum one-year experience operating a multi-line telephone or switch board system is preferred
5. Previous experience with Medical Terminology is preferred
- Pay Type Hourly
- El Cajon, CA, USA
- La Mesa, CA, USA