Clinical Scribe - Temporary, Full Time
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Clinical Scribe duties include performing all clerical and information technology functions for a provider in a clinic setting. This includes primary responsibility of the operation of the electronic health records system. A Clinical Scribe is able to anticipate physician needs to facilitate the flow of the clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures accurate and detailed documentation as per the provider(s) instruction
2. Accurately and thoroughly document clinical visits and procedures performed by the provider, including but not limited to:
3. Patient Clinical history and physical exam
4. Procedures and treatments performed by provider
5. Patient education and explanations of risks and benefits.
6. Provider-dictated diagnoses, and instructions for patient or family members for self-care and follow-up
7. Assist Provider in navigating the electronic health record (EHR)
8. Locates information for review (encounters, test results, outside records, etc.)
9. Champions quality initiatives and implements key components into documentation.
10. Troubleshooting basic IT needs (i.e. printer setup, etc.)
11. Notifies provider of any pending items/ system alerts.
12. Actively participates in huddles with care team.
13. Understands clinical scribe scope of practice and maintains awareness of any changes.
14. Attends training on diverse subjects as needed to enhance or maintain performance.
15. Performs other duties as requested.
1. High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
2. Medical Assistant/Licensed Vocational Nurse or other healthcare education /certificates/or work experience is preferred.
3. Preferred recent applicable experience (2-5 years)
4. Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
5. All staff that is presently working within a clinic is required to have a Current and Valid CPR and First Aide certification on file with the Human Resources Department. This is for clinical and administrative staff. This new license requirement is mandatory for continued employment, CPR and First Aide certification must be obtained though the American Heart Association. Internet certificates do not comply and for this reason are not valid.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- La Mesa, CA, USA