What we're looking for:
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated individual to be client facing in order to help with COVID-19 Testing at community locations.
Assisting with Set up and preparing for the mobile testing event.
Checking patients in for an appointment and directing walk ins. (Patients who seek COVID testing)
Tracking and reporting key data points utilizing our electronic health records system.
Participate in training/retraining and continuing education programs as necessary to maintain and enforce COVID-19 Safety protocols
Comply with all designated safety policies and procedures in the work area, including the use of applicable protective equipment when necessary to prevent exposure to potentially infectious agents
Understand and comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and company policies
Adheres to quality assurance procedures
Maintain all HIPAA standards
Performs other related duties as necessary
Willing, if needed, to be tested for COVID-19
Comfortable wearing personal protective equipment (PPE – mask, gloves, goggles, coveralls) for 2-hour intervals
Full-time 32-40 hours per week. Though subject to change, available 7 days a week, during daylight and night-time hours.
Position requires excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, must be courteous and helpful; and possess the ability to meet and speak with the public as the “first contact” of the clinic while aligning his/her duties with Borrego Health Mission and Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Acknowledges and assists everyone who walks in the door while maintaining eye contact, a smile and providing a professional greeting
2. Communicates with customers to resolve problems and concerns in a courteous, professional and timely manner
3. Provides all customers with consistent quality service in accordance with Borrego Health Core Values and Standards of Customer Service
4. Be proactive in communicating with customers regarding problems or delays
5. Keeps Manager informed of office equipment upkeep/maintenance
6. Maintains accurate demographic & guarantor information at every patient visit
7. Ensures that the appropriate insurance is selected for services rendered for the date of visit
8. Identifies and refers patients who require program assistance to Care Coordinator Specialist (CCS)
9. Collects all payments due on patient account (co pays, sliding fee deposits, payment for cash paying patients, and outstanding balances)
10. Answers all incoming calls within 3 rings & makes patient calls in a courteous and professional manner-please refer to BCHF telephone scripts
11. Performs check in duties (Please refer to Check in Process)
12. Performs Operator duties when assigned (Please refer to Operator Process)
13. Performs Registration Duties when assigned (Please refer to Registration Process)
14. Understands the organizations commitment to provide high quality patient care. Promotes a Patient centered environment
15. Performs other duties, as assigned
1. Graduate or approved high school diploma or GED equivalent
2. Previous experience is preferred
3. All staff that is presently working within a clinic is required to have a Current and Valid CPR and First Aide certification on file with the Human Resources Department. This is for clinical and administrative staff. This new license requirement is mandatory for continued employment, CPR and First Aide certification must be obtained though the American Heart Association. Internet certificates do not comply and for this reason are not valid.