Database Administrator and Developer - Full Time
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Under the direction of the Director, Application and Database Services, this position is serving as Database Administration and Developer. This position is responsible for designing, development, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing, and maintaining Borrego Health’s databases. The Database Administration and Developer will also work with various leadership levels and staff within the Borrego organizations and other community and strategic partners as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Design, develop and implement datasets based on customer requirements.
2. Optimize database systems for performance efficiency.
3. Prepare design specifications and functional documentations for assigned database projects.
4. Perform space management and capacity planning for database projects.
5. Develop database tables and dictionaries.
6. Ensure data quality and integrity in databases.
7. Identify any issues related to database performance and provide corrective measures.
8. Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures, and triggers to support application development.
9. Participate in database design and architecture to support application development projects.
10. Test databases and perform bug fixes.
11. Troubleshoot database related issues in a timely manner.
12. Develop security procedures to protect databases from unauthorized usage.
13. Evaluate existing database and recommend improvements for performance efficiency.
14. Develop best practices for database design and development activities.
15. Assist in the overall management of the availability, usability, integrity, and security of the data employed in an enterprise wide system.
16. Perform application upgrades, patching, and support.
17. Perform database upgrades, patching, and support.
18. Assist with development and support of application interfacing and integration.
19. Assist with development and support of database interfacing and data integration.
20. Define and collect appropriate data for management and clinical decision making, including monitoring utilization, quality of care and clinical indicators.
21. Ensure and maintain security and confidentiality for all data as outlined by internal policies and procedures.
22. Provide training and technical assistance on databases, applications, and reporting tools.
23. Maintain current knowledgebase of databases, applications, and reporting tools.
24. Responsible for compliance with all BCHF policies and procedures, and all applicable laws and regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA
25. Must have strong analytical, organizational problem resolution, and customer service skills
26. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, information systems or related field; project management and/or general business management, or equivalent related IT experience
2. Two or more years of relevant healthcare information systems experience preferred.
3. Strong command of Transact-SQL and SQL Server Tools
4. Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
5. Familiarity with SSIS and SSRS
6. Advance knowledge of database security, backup, and recovery
7. Advance knowledge of database performance tuning and enhancements
8. All staff that is presently working within a clinic is required to have a Current and Valid CPR and First Aide certification on file with the Human Resources Department. This is for clinical and administrative staff. This new license requirement is mandatory for continued employment, CPR and First Aide certification must be obtained through the American Heart Association. Internet certificates do not comply and for this reason are not valid.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- San Diego, CA, USA