Business Intelligence Developer and Analyst - Full Time
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Under the direction of the Director of Application and Database Services, this position is serving as a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer and Analyst supporting the organization departmental needs for reporting and data utilizing Tableau and other reporting tools. Job duties includes but not limited to the development and maintenance of internal and external reporting, internal and external data services needs and other ad-hoc projects. BI Developer and Analyst works closely with department leaderships, managers and staff and will serve in a role of a liaison/project manager in facilitating and prioritizing the reporting needs of these departments. A high level of technical and functional competency on the assigned information and reporting systems is expected from this position. This position will also work with various leadership levels and staff within the Borrego organizations and other community and strategic partners as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Designing and plan Business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
2. Develop visualizations that provide business insights for the organization
3. Finding and understanding the data sources for a given analysis
4. Work independently with stakeholders at all levels
5. Excellent communication skills to be able to work with different departments to develop and define key business questions and to build specifications for the data that answer those questions
6. Debugging, monitoring, and troubleshooting BI solutions
7. Assist in the overall management of the availability, usability, integrity, and security of the data employed in an enterprise (Data Governance)
8. Projects or ad-hoc requests include requirements gathering, design, deployment and on-going maintenance and enhancement requests
9. Build prototypes for demonstration and illustration purposes for peer groups, departmental partners and leaders
10. Act as a mentor and Tableau SME for other Tableau users across the organization
11. Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks at once
12. Perform requirements gathering, Tableau design specifications and Tableau development.
13. Assist in the application upgrades, patching, and support.
14. Assist in the database upgrades, patching, and support.
15. Assist with development and maintenance of SQL datasets and data sources.
16. Assist with development and support of database interfacing and data integration.
17. Define and collect appropriate data for departmental reporting/data needs.
18. Ensure and maintain security and confidentiality for all data as outlined by internal policies and procedures.
19. Assist in the development of ad-hoc reports per need basis.
20. Provide training and technical assistance on Tableau, applications relating to departmental and other related reporting tools.
21. Maintain current knowledgebase of databases, applications, and reporting tools
22. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, information systems or related field; project management and/or general business management, or equivalent related IT experience
2. High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
3. Two or more years of relevant healthcare information systems experience preferred.
4. Capable of managing and adjusting work request volumes, priorities, and high-volume user demands
5. Strong SQL experience
6. Strong Tableau development experience
7. Experience analyzing accounting and billing data
8. Demonstrated knowledge of basic project management methodologies and system analysis.
9. All staff that is presently working within a clinic is required to have a Current and Valid CPR and First Aide certification on file with the Human Resources Department. This is for clinical and administrative staff. This new license requirement is mandatory for continued employment, CPR and First Aide certification must be obtained through the American Heart Association. Internet certificates do not comply and for this reason are not valid.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- San Diego, CA, USA