Staff Accountant - Full Time
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Complete complex accounting tasks and financial analysis that may be beyond the current capabilities of the accounting clerks, including certain payroll, revenue, inventory, fixed asset or grants related transactions. Assist accounting clerks in completing their tasks, if needed. Complete and verify the monthly accounting processes required to ensure adherence to internal controls and BCHF policies. Perform monthly account analysis and maintain schedules. Assist with grants, budgets, performance and regulatory reporting, and other projects. Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information. Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts. Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes. Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- A Bachelors degree in accounting, or a Bachelors degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is required.
- Must have experience in accounting.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Coachella Valley, Palm Desert, CA 92211, USA