Behavioral Health RN Care Manager
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Participates as an active dedicated member in the Behavioral Health Integration and Complex Care Initiative (BHICCI) focusing on populations with complex needs. Assisting in integration of whole-person care with goals towards meaningful data collection and improving the health and well-being of the targeted population. Be proactive in the integration of Behavioral Health services into the Primary Care setting. Responsible for Managing patient care for patients who have multiple health and social issues and need information, effective clinical therapy, patient activation, emotional support and self-management support. Engaging providers and the patient in the essential components of Primary Care and Behavioral Health Services at a particular clinic site. Is responsible to work with the Patient, Primary Care/Specialty Providers and Behavioral Health Providers to set clear treatment goals for the patient and engage in interventions with specific goals and strategies. Accomplishes a Treat-to-Target based plan that includes data driven care planning and systematic case review meetings. Is responsible for patient enrollment into the BHICCI program and follow-ups as needed based on the treatment plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Care Management duties include:
a. Log-in and maintain current information in the EHS, Excel Registry and i2i referral tracking systems.
b. The CCM is a registered nurse who frequently serves as patients’ primary point-of-access to the Care Management Team.
c. Works with patients to identify health/wellness goals, and incorporates these goals into shared care plans that facilitate communication among patients and providers.
d. Facilitates and ensures recommendations are communicated across the health care team.
e. Engages in treatment team meetings to provide PCP teams insight into patient specific wellness goals, symptoms and diagnoses, and background information.
f. Participates in systematic population caseload review and partners with other members of the Integrated Care Management Team to ensure physical, behavioral, and social health services are requested and provided to the patient as part of the culturally sensitive whole-person care.
2. Scheduling duties include:
a. Monitors patient schedules for the BHICCI patient population in coordination with Care Coordinators and Health Navigators.
3. Medication Coordination duties include:
a. Review new and refill prescriptions with the providers and the patient to maintain updated records.
b. Assist patients in monitoring medication refills in a timely manner.
c. Verify that patient has sufficient medication until the next visit.
4. Medical Records Maintenance duties include :
a. Maintain a medical record for each BHICCI patient.
b. Records shall be complete, orderly, up to date, and correctly filed
c. Track BHICCI patient population data in the medical record and assists in duplication of the data in the excel registry.
d. Obtain appropriate confidentiality release from patient when warranted.
e. Obtain records of previous mental/behavioral health treatment as requested by providers.
f. Verify signatures and dates on all forms in the medical record.
5. Telemedicine Monitoring duties include:
a. Monitors Telemedicine appointments for BHICCI population.
b. Maintains Telemedicine documentation in patient medical record.
c. Confirm consents are signed for each telemedicine visit for the BHICCI population.
6. Other Duties as Assigned
1. Performs regular patient screenings and vitals.
2. Engages patients and supports/encourages patient activation towards achievement of health goals.
3. Provides evidenced-based practices such as Motivational Interviewing.
4. Tracks medical and behavioral health outcome measures in a patient registry, including but not limited to BP, BMI, HBa1C, PHQ-9, and GAD-7 scores.
5. Uses outcome measures to synthesize treatment plans for patients.
6. Provides patient and family education about chronic medical and behavioral health conditions to improve health literacy.
7. Gathers input from other Care Management Team members to prioritize patient cases for systematic population/caseload review.
8. Provides quality care to the patients of Borrego Community Health, within the scope of practice outlined by state or federal law.
9. Delivers care in accordance with established standard of care and accepted community standards.
10. Understands the organizations commitment to provide high quality integrated patient care.
11. Promotes a patient centered environment.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Supervises designated staff including Care Coordinator and Health Navigator assigned to the BHICCI population.
1. Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
2. Experience: Previous experience in the medical field and /or, in the Behavioral Health /Mental Health field is preferred.
3. Preferred: An understanding of Behavioral Health as associated with Chronic Medical Diseases.
4. Preferred: An understanding of the Biological and Physiological nature of Mental Illness Diseases.
5. An understanding of, or ability to learn payor sources.
6. All staff that is presently working within a clinic is required to have a Current and Valid CPR and First Aide certification on file with the Human Resources Department. This is for clinical and administrative staff. This new license requirement is mandatory for continued employment, CPR and First Aide certification must be obtained through the American Heart Association. Internet certificates do not comply and for this reason are not valid.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Desert Hot Springs, CA, USA