Financial Benefit Analyst
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Complete complex and simple benefits tracking, enrollments, invoicing, and other administrative tasks, reconciliations, proofs, or other analytical and benefits accounting tasks, financial claims or insurance costs analysis, and balance sheet and expense account administration and analysis, as it relates to employee benefits and programs and related accounts, which may be beyond the current capabilities of the accounting clerks, including certain payroll, benefits, funding, accrual, receivable or other employee or company related transactions. Assist accounting clerks in completing their tasks, if needed. Complete and verify the monthly benefits accounting processes required to ensure adherence to internal controls and BCHF policies. Perform monthly account analysis and maintain schedules. Perform monthly, or periodic, invoicing and census reporting to benefit plans. Assist with budgets, performance and regulatory reporting, and other projects as it relates to employee benefit costs and payroll related benefits and coding of costs. Maintain relations with health plan and other personnel and maintain company access and record keeping for website access and files from health plans particularly with claims funding. Provide support to Director of Finance, as needed and as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare or review all benefit related balance sheet account and income statement analyses monthly, including, but not limited to:
a. Benefits leave of absence account receivable
b. Benefits claims funding receivable or stop loss
c. Benefit clearing accounts
d. Benefit related liabilities
e. Benefit expense accounts
f. Other accruals and deferrals
2. Prepare the following reports as requested by the Director of Finance or CFO:
a. Monthly benefits schedules and enrollments
b. Monthly or periodic invoices and reconciliations
c. Monthly census files
d. Bi-Monthly retirement plans enrollments and payroll corrections files
e. Weekly claims funding reports and tracking of costs
f. Other benefits related reports
3. Train accounting clerks in specific procedures, as requested
4. Other duties as assigned.
1. Supervise designated accounting clerks as requested.
2. Provide staff training as necessary and ensure compliance with new employee and annual training requirements.
3. Evaluate staff performance either directly or in collaboration with other appropriate personnel as assigned.
4. Ensure staff compliance with all internal controls and BCHF policies.
1. Bachelor’s degree, Business, Finance or Accounting preferred
2. Must be proficient in Excel
3. Ability to train, supervise and work well with others
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- San Diego, CA, USA