Facilities & Maintenance Technician - big Burrito Restaurant Group
Join our team! big Burrito Restaurant Group is looking for a Facilities and Maintenance Technician to work with us.
The position is based in our corporate office in Pittsburgh, PA where we foster an environment of creativity, passion, and teamwork. The successful candidate will have the skills and qualifications described below; attention to detail; a sense of humor; and a desire to improve yourself and our organization.
- Performing repair, installation, maintenance, assembly, and cleaning tasks for existing locations and new openings as assigned.
- Install and/or repair doors, carpet, tile and hard surface flooring, drywall, plasterwork, FRP, and restroom equipment and appliances.
- Complete minor electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry and refrigeration repair tasks.
- Assemble and repair furniture for new and existing locations as needed.
- Remove graffiti
- Provide interior and exterior painting services at store locations
- Replace and change locks, door handles and other related items
- Refinish wood surfaces
- Perform cleaning tasks such as power washing and floor cleaning
- Perform minor pest-proofing tasks
- Hang art and/or signs
- Clean and complete minor roof repairs as instructed
- Install and/or repair fencing
- Complete occasional off-hours emergency maintenance service on an on-call basis
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Working within established procedures, schedules, and budget.
- Participate in regular department meetings to review work assignments, set priorities, and share information with the Facilities and Maintenance team.
- Support the development of and adhere to preventative maintenance programs/schedules, done by others.
- Work within established expense limits
- Accurately track time worked, materials, and status of projects/tasks
- Generate internal invoices for work performed in accordance with department guidelines.
- Complying with federal, state, local regulations, and best practices
- Follow applicable regulations and procedures related to safety, such as OSHA requirements
- Confirm with supervisor any necessary permitting, inspections, or other permission requirements are in place for assigned projects
- Follow policies and procedures related to restaurant equipment and food safety where applicable.
Being a part of big Burrito Restaurant Group gives you access to the following benefits:
- 50% Employee Discount: 50% off the entire check for you and a guest at ANY big Burrito Restaurant Group location.
- Time Off: Paid vacation and personal/sick days
- Health Insurance: Medical, dental, and vision benefits are available to full-time employees as well as the option to enroll in Aflac insurance.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent, and 3-5 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good understanding of mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, metal fabrication, welding and electrical systems
- Strong carpentry, light metal fabrication (sheet metal and ancillary), blueprint reading and construction skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, provide direction, and follow instructions in written and spoken English
- Ability to maintain a vehicle, shop and related equipment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, independently, and on a team.
- Customer service mindset, strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize tasks
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have basic to intermediate computer skills, including ability to type data into a form, communicate via email, and use a web-based work order system.
- Basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft Office programs.
- Restaurant maintenance experience
- Able to reach, bend, stoop, kneel
- Able to frequently lift up to 20 pounds
- Able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Comfortable working with hand tools, power tools and on ladders and heights (below 15 feet)
- Able to work in indoor and outdoor climates
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
- Regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers for fine manipulation
Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, graphics, and computer displays
- Pay Type Hourly
- 5740 Baum Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15206, USA