Facilities and Maintenance Director - big Burrito Restaurant Group
big Burrito Restaurant Group is looking for an architect to fill the role as our Facilities and Maintenance Director, in our Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania headquarters. big Burrito fosters an environment of creativity, passion, and teamwork. The successful candidate will have the skills and qualifications described below; passion for our brand; and a desire to improve yourself and our organization.
The Facilities and Maintenance Director is responsible for:
- Participating as a member of the Senior Management Team
- Specializing in the construction, remodeling, and expansion of restaurants
- Overseeing and managing the Facilities and Maintenance Department
- Evaluating facilities by zone (area of restaurant) to determine leasehold improvements and lifecycle of FF&E on an annual basis maintaining a 5-year projection of upcoming discretionary and non-discretionary items.
- Evaluating and selecting third party partners, including contractors and vendors.
- Evaluating bid proposals and proposed scopes of work for Facilities and Maintenance projects to determine appropriateness of work to be done and proposed cost.
- Organizing and managing permit documents.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to determine designs, plans, and schedules for all construction, project, and maintenance work including new store evaluation, planning, and construction; and discretionary and non-discretionary items.
- Resolving complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions.
- Collaborating with the Founder to ensure all projects are executed in line with look and feel expectations.
- Communicating effectively with partners, store management, the executive team and other impacted parties regarding the scope and execution of all major Facilities and Maintenance projects including clarification of scope, execution, and roles and responsibilities.
- Supporting company-wide growth by applying expertise to guide innovation and great decision-making on all aspects of new store construction, facilities and maintenance.
- Ensuring Facilities and Maintenance standards and objectives are being met at all locations.
- Working with the Vice President of Strategy and Analytics to evaluate the ROI on all discretionary projects.
- Paid time off
- Company matched 401(k)
- Health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance coverage
- 50% discount for you and a guest at any big Burrito restaurant!
- B.S. Degree Architecture
- Minimum of 7 years related experience
- Design skills and knowledge
- Experience with new construction and tenant improvement construction projects required; ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects, ability to read and understand construction specifications and blueprints.
- Strong Visualization skill, must be to see, in your mind's eye, what structures will look like once they are complete.
- Excellent vendor and internal customer relations, vendor management, and consultation skills
- Strong administrative ability, technical background and project management experience
- Must be highly organized and skilled with time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of industry standards, building systems, base building construction, planning, technology, and environmental factors
- Analytical thinking skills
- Expert in Microsoft Project and Excel
- Up to 70% within Pittsburgh area
- Quarterly to extended markets such as Erie, Philadelphia, and Happy Valley
- Extended travel may be necessary during construction for new locations or major projects outside of Pittsburgh area
- Project management certification
- Able to reach, bend, stoop, kneel
- Able to frequently lift up to 20 pounds
- Able to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
- Involves work of a general office nature; typically includes extended periods of sitting and/or operation of a computer for up to 8 hours a day
- Regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers for fine manipulation
- Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, graphics, and computer displays
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 5740 Baum Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15206, USA