Operations Stadium - Intern Stadium Operations & Guest Experience
Stadium Operations & Guest Experience Intern
The Stadium Operations & Guest Experience Department’s interns (2) will assist the full-time staff in all aspects of stadium and facility management, and guest experience including but not limited to event management, coordinating activities with stadium partners, stadium maintenance, housekeeping oversight, stadium staff training and development, and creating exceptional guest experiences. Will abide by and execute Ravens Common Purpose and Quality Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Presentation and Efficiency for guests and team members at each event.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ravens Game Day Management – Assist in coordination of Ravens game day event management functions including pre-event stadium and operational preparations. Actively involved in departmental guest experience initiatives. Will be called upon to participate in the planning and execution of game related marketing activities as needed. Will be responsible for the distribution of game day publications throughout the stadium. Assist in management of game-day staff. Participate in event management functions as needed throughout the event. Aid the Director of Event Management in maintaining stadium assets including (but not limited to) magnetometers, batteries, tablets, phones etc.
- Special Event Management – Aid in managing and executing Ravens related special events at M&T Bank Stadium which could include concerts, college and high school football games and non-football related sporting events. Assist in the overall planning of the event, including budgeting and financial analysis, contract management, developing and executing event operations plan, pre-event set up and post event strike, overseeing management of event and guest services staff.
- Day to Day Operations of M&T Bank Stadium – Independently manage multiple tasks as assigned by Ravens Stadium Operations Staff. Aid in managing staffing for non-game events, including acting as a liaison between guest services and security sub-contractor and the Baltimore Ravens, assist in managing stadium security functions, responsible for distribution of daily departmental receivables.
- Incident Tracking & Reporting – Assist the Director of Event Operations in populating data related to event incidents and activity reports after each event at M&T Bank Stadium. Additional responsibilities will include populating gate entry and gate queue tracking after each event. Analysis of data with MS Excel including production of graphs to identify trends, sectional analysis, and summary statistics as required.
- Managing Staff – the successful candidate will effectively manage staff and/or sub-contractors during the process of event set-up and event strike for all Ravens events and selected other events held at M&T Bank Stadium.
- Game Day Team Member Evaluations – Assist with the implementation of our game day team member performance audit. This will include performing the physical audit and documenting any findings into an excel spreadsheet. The audit will include all guest facing areas within the stadium.
- Game Day Team Member Training – Assist with planning, execution and delivery of training for 3000+ game day team members. This responsibility can include managing the training gift distribution, catering, venue set up and possible facilitation if applicable.
- Assisting the Guest Experience Department – Candidate will assist the Guest Experience Department by demonstrating outstanding guest service on game day and any internal or external Ravens events worked at M&T Bank Stadium. Candidate will also assist on game day with responding to guest complaints, management of seat visits and special moment requests. Aid with the recognition of team members by creating & implementing new ideas. Must be willing to help spread the importance of guest service to all stadium partners (i.e. Aramark, SP+, MSA, SAFE, Ravens). Post-game responsibilities include, responding to Voice of The Fan, contact us, and assisting with the management of the Rewards & Recognition Program.
- Stadium Tours – Assist the Guest Experience Manager with the Stadium Tours program and conduct tours for guests.
- Quality Control of Stadium Maintenance – Review and inspect items requiring maintenance throughout the stadium. Report maintenance items to management and conduct follow-up review prior to the next scheduled event.
- Quality Control for Housekeeping – Directly responsible to interact with cleaning contractor to meet and surpass established janitorial specifications at the stadium. Provide visual inspections and reports of all stadium spaces on a weekly basis. Utilize software for tracking, monitoring and inspecting facility for quality of cleanliness in seating areas, concourses, restrooms, club level, press level and service level.
- Snow Removal – Assist in managing snow removal crews during inclement weather. Assist in preparing the stadium for inclement weather, removal of snow and ice from stadium.
Required Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree and experience in Sport Management, Facility Management or other related field. Attention to detail, excellent communication and organization skills. Microsoft office proficiency is a must.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills: Organization, analytical skills, guest focus, drive for results, effective communication, ability to multi-task, ability to work in a fast paced and busy work environment, willingness to obtain a fork lift license, and passion for sports. Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays. This position requires working 40+ hours per week during game weeks or times when events occur at the stadium. The ability to lift up to 60lbs is required. This position requires a lot of walking, including walking up and down stairs multiple times per day.
- Pay Type Hourly