KSSU Volunteer and Program Coordinator
SEO’s purpose is to provide holistic student-centered programs and services that
enhance student life and create lasting memories through community engagement,
connection building, and creative exploration.
SUMMARY: The KSSU Volunteer & Program Coordinator assists the Student Services Coordinator in the administration and management of KSSU’s volunteer staff as well as the operation and programing of the KSSU Radio Station at Sacramento State University.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Student Services Coordinator to recruit, select, train, supervise evaluate and recognize KSSU volunteers
- Maintains KSSU program schedules, volunteer attendance records, and related paperwork and files
- Operates in-studio equipment, remote equipment, and makes recommendations as needed for upgrades and repairs
- Develops and ensures the implementation of station programs, policies, and procedures by regularly evaluating the needs of the station, volunteers, and students, inclusive of understanding and adhering to FCC Regulations
- Reviews music, develops production of recorded programs, weekly automation playlists, podcasts, and announcements for broadcast use.
- Ensures communication of information to all KSSU staff, volunteers and management, inclusive but not limited to staff meetings, e-mails, newsletters, etc.
- Attends weekly KSSU staff meetings
- Formulate meeting agendas and record meeting minutes
- Attends and actively participates in ASI staff retreats and other long-term planning opportunities for KSSU
- Maintains program materials (i.e., fliers, brochures, contracts, etc.) and resources for historical reference
- As needed will assist the Promotions Coordinator in the promotion of KSSU, its events and activities, inclusive but not limited to student orientations and campus welcome activities, promotional events, paid remotes, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, employees, volunteers and public
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse student population, ASI programs and on-campus department
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Sacramento State; maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA overall (for Student Assistant incumbents)
- Operating knowledge or equivalent knowledge of in-studio equipment and remote equipment
- Working knowledge of internet broadcasting
- Proficiency with: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience supervising volunteers
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must:
WORK ENVIRONMENT (Choose one only)
Depending on the position for which you apply for, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after you are offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age,
protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Student Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.50
- Job Start Date Tuesday, June 1, 2021
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA